Pathology results

Options
2»

Comments

• JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options

Oh Jimbo.............
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I have followed your story Jimbo..my heart aches for you and your wife...This was a hard blow.

I agree with everyone else.......the answers will come Jimbo.... Don't give up. There has to be away.... start reseaching.
    Peace and Love back to you.
    Sal

Thanks Sal. I'm just
    Thanks Sal. I'm just relaxing a bit and getting used to it. I really feel much better tonight. I'm not done yet so there should be plenty more to follow. ;)
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Options
    JimboC said:

Thanks Eric. I admire you
    Thanks Eric. I admire you so much. I actually applied for and was awarded disability. I'm due to start receiving checks next month. My problem is that I won't be elegible for Medicare for 24 months afterwards due to the way the program is set up. I can do COBRA at work but it is 1700 per month. I had a good visit with the oncologist today and the worst (he calls it the best) part of this whole thing is I feel amazing. I feel better today than I did before I was diagnosed. I have energy and all. He feels that because I feel so good and am in such good health otherwise, I can expect to make it a good bit. He wants to talk directly with Dr. Luketich before he commits to a treatment plan which I appreciate. As of now, because I feel so good, I am going to shoot for a few more months of work but I agree with you, when I get feeling worse, I'm done. ;) I have read your post about the pain management and I decided that I'm a cancer patient. There's no reason I should be in pain so I told him about the pain I am having. It comes and goes and Lortabs do nothing much for it so he put me on Oxycodone and is refering me to our pain management center. He said he wanted to be ahead of this and that if my pain needs changed, these guys are the experts. As for stage, I was III at surgery. That's one of the things my Dr. wants to discuss with Luketich.

I agree with you, the system stinks especially at our age (I'm 42). I appreciate everything.

Take care!

Stupid insurance
    I just hate that people like you who work hard and pay their bills can't get some kind of help when they need it. It's just plain wrong! One of the contributors on here suggested checking with the hospital social worker and that's probably a good place to start. Hugs to you, Jimbo. I hope this all works out in your favor.
    Rita
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options
    JimboC said:

Hey Kim, Oncologist went
    Hey Kim, Oncologist went good. He is going to talk to Dr. Luketich and they develop my treatment plan based on their conversation. He feels that we may have a little more fight in the game yet. I should know more next week so we're anxiously awaiting the news.

Praying that you get a great
    Praying that you get a great treatment plan. Everyone here is behind you, pulling for your success. Thanks for updating us. Hope they get their game on as fast as they can. Best wishes. BMGky
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options

Hate to hear that news!
    Jimbo, I am so very sorry to hear the news. I was hoping that everything would be fine--just an inflamed node, not cancer. Maybe it's because you're from Ky and that's where I was born and raised, but I know that I always followed your story especially closely and wished for the best. I am sad to hear this news. As always, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Melinda

Jim, I'm so sorry to hear
    Jim, I'm so sorry to hear your news! I'm glad you're making a plan to cope with the changing circumstances and getting back some of your positive feelings. Feeling like you have some control and choices is huge. Definitely talk to the cancer center social workers. They have a wealth of knowledge and resources to share.
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    JimboC said:

My company does offer both
    My company does offer both STD and LTD. I have exhausted my STD but I have 6 months of LTD remaining. When on LTD, I have to pay the COBRA rate on my insurance which is a little pricy. Now that I'm back at work, I am building back up my STD so in 6 months I will have it back. That should prepare me for whatever lies ahead.

Thanks!

PLEASE THINK THIS THROUGH TOO FOR YOU...
    Jimbo,
    PLEASE just meditate on HUMAN BEING (YOU) VS. HUMAN DOING.

LTD/STD/WORK/APPEARANCES...

ERIC
  • sammy123
    sammy123 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    AngieD said:

Jim, I'm so sorry to hear
    Jim, I'm so sorry to hear your news! I'm glad you're making a plan to cope with the changing circumstances and getting back some of your positive feelings. Feeling like you have some control and choices is huge. Definitely talk to the cancer center social workers. They have a wealth of knowledge and resources to share.

Jim, I am so sorry to hear
    Jim, I am so sorry to hear this news. Stay strong and make a plan. You can do this and you are in good hands with the UPMC team. I have an amazing amount of Faith in Dr. Luketich and will be very interested into seeing what his plan of care for you will be. Take one day at a time, stay positive and do all the research. Remeber POWER is KNOWLEDGE. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    Options
    So sorry
    Jim, damn it. I hate the news you posted here. I'm so sorry. You sound so strong. I know that it must seem scary to apply for a job after 20 years but how about if your wife tries to apply at places that offer good insurance. If I can remember correctly, I believe Costco has good insurance and I'm not sure if you even need to work 40 hours. I would think that the job itself isn't as important as insurance. Not to be nosy but I thought it might be a possible plan.
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimbo
    I hope you are still feeling well, you seem like you are really a fighter!
    I can only say that do what makes you feel good. If work makes you feel good, then work. When it becomes a burden, stop. You are young and have a lot of fight in you. Keeping busy is a great coping mechanism. Some like to relax and slow down, but you do what is right for you and don't worry about the nitty gritty stuff of insurance or payments. Life is life, and live it as you see fit.
    Thinking of you,
    Jo-Ann
  • JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm still here
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions and well wishes. Well, I should find out more about my situation tomorrow when I visit with my oncologist. He was going to talk with Dr. Luketich and formulate a treatment plan. His first suggestion is EOX if Luketich is willing to do surgery once we have (hopefully) a favorable response to chemo.

I had an amazing conversation with a friend from the board the other night who is in a similar situation. It was so good to talk with someone who understood where I was coming from.

Tomorrow I start working 4 10 hour days in order to have Friday's off for treatment. Long days will be a little tough but I'm not ready to give this fight up yet. I still want it all.

I'll let everyone know how tomorrow goes.

All my best!
  • JimboC said:

Thanks Eric. I admire you
    Thanks Eric. I admire you so much. I actually applied for and was awarded disability. I'm due to start receiving checks next month. My problem is that I won't be elegible for Medicare for 24 months afterwards due to the way the program is set up. I can do COBRA at work but it is 1700 per month. I had a good visit with the oncologist today and the worst (he calls it the best) part of this whole thing is I feel amazing. I feel better today than I did before I was diagnosed. I have energy and all. He feels that because I feel so good and am in such good health otherwise, I can expect to make it a good bit. He wants to talk directly with Dr. Luketich before he commits to a treatment plan which I appreciate. As of now, because I feel so good, I am going to shoot for a few more months of work but I agree with you, when I get feeling worse, I'm done. ;) I have read your post about the pain management and I decided that I'm a cancer patient. There's no reason I should be in pain so I told him about the pain I am having. It comes and goes and Lortabs do nothing much for it so he put me on Oxycodone and is refering me to our pain management center. He said he wanted to be ahead of this and that if my pain needs changed, these guys are the experts. As for stage, I was III at surgery. That's one of the things my Dr. wants to discuss with Luketich.

I agree with you, the system stinks especially at our age (I'm 42). I appreciate everything.

Take care!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Options
    JimboC said:

I'm still here
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions and well wishes. Well, I should find out more about my situation tomorrow when I visit with my oncologist. He was going to talk with Dr. Luketich and formulate a treatment plan. His first suggestion is EOX if Luketich is willing to do surgery once we have (hopefully) a favorable response to chemo.

I had an amazing conversation with a friend from the board the other night who is in a similar situation. It was so good to talk with someone who understood where I was coming from.

Tomorrow I start working 4 10 hour days in order to have Friday's off for treatment. Long days will be a little tough but I'm not ready to give this fight up yet. I still want it all.

All my best!

Jumbo,
    Will be praying for you to have success with your coming chemo treatments.
    Cheryl
  • tclem
    tclem Member Posts: 22
    Options
    JimboC said:

I'm still here

All my best!

Saddened by your news
    It appears that you have that fighting attitude so greatly needed. Sorry to hear you are in that wonferful financial net the government has placed regardless of sickness/disability. I second the comment on talking with the Social Worker at your treatment enter. The one working with my Dad is very aggressive and helpful. My thoughts will be with you.

T
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    JimboC said:

I'm still here

All my best!

Oh Jimbo.... waiting to hear more....
    Jimbo,
    Will wait eagerly for the results from the meeting.
    I STILL wish you would just take permanent leave from work for the sake of your LIFE and just go on permanent disability (THIS can be undone too just like Hospice) and take care of Jimbo, but that's Eric, not Jimbo now is it!

I love you and may God bless you and give you the STRENGTH you will need to work that schedule and survive chemo and whatever else.

Just remember what William is going to say at some point, that you have to be sick, allow yourself that space, and focus on quality and not material and worldly things.

Eric