OT Guilty Pleasure: Once Upon a Time

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
Katherine was in town for Thanksgiving and got me addicted to this new tv show. It is about a small town where everyone really was a fairy tale character in the past--lots of magic and mystery and a wicked, fun-to-hate evil queen. Anyone else hooked?

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    TraciInLa had a similar post
    TraciInLa had a similar post not long ago so I checked it out. Now I am totally hooked!

Cindy
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    mamolady said:

TraciInLa had a similar post
    TraciInLa had a similar post not long ago so I checked it out. Now I am totally hooked!

Cindy

Oh, I missed her post. I'll
    Oh, I missed her post. I'll have to check it out...lol. I should have known Traci would be on top of what's hot ;-)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Oh, I missed her post. I'll
    Oh, I missed her post. I'll have to check it out...lol. I should have known Traci would be on top of what's hot ;-)

yes I have started watching
    yes I have started watching but have to tape it because its on the same time as Dexter. missed last week, but taped last night. It is Intriguing. I missed Traci's post too.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Well two of my favorite
    Well my favorite people are recommending this...I'm gonna have to check it out now.

Hugs,

Linda
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Well two of my favorite
    Well my favorite people are recommending this...I'm gonna have to check it out now.

Hugs,

Linda

I've been watching~
    ~it is a very interesting show~i guess i am hooked....
    ~M
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I am - I am!
    And, I am hooked. I love this show - Snow White always was my favorite fairy tale.

Sue
  • Nana C.
    Nana C. Member Posts: 108
    Options

I've been watching~
    ~it is a very interesting show~i guess i am hooked....
    ~M

I am going to check it out!
    I tried to find it on my TV guide, I don't see it, can you tell me what network this is on. It is so hard to find something good on TV. Thanks for the heads up! Snow white was my favorite too!

Nana
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

I am - I am!
    And, I am hooked. I love this show - Snow White always was my favorite fairy tale.

Sue

Yes, you all have ME to thank for recommending this...!
    (Don't be trying to steal my spotlight, CC! :-) :-) :-)

Our entire family (Girlfriend + Me + 17-year-old girl + 13-year-old boy) is hooked on this show. Trace and I are such geeks about it, we're even reading some of the Once Upon a Time online fansites -- I am your source for spoilers and speculation, if you dare!

(I'm dying to know who the Sheriff really is -- the fansites are split into 2 opinions on that.)

We even have a little hot-cocoa-and-popcorn get-together with friends planned for December 11th, which is reported to be the winter finale.

BTW, Nana C.: It's on ABC, Sunday nights at 8:00.

Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Our entire family (Girlfriend + Me + 17-year-old girl + 13-year-old boy) is hooked on this show. Trace and I are such geeks about it, we're even reading some of the Once Upon a Time online fansites -- I am your source for spoilers and speculation, if you dare!

(I'm dying to know who the Sheriff really is -- the fansites are split into 2 opinions on that.)

We even have a little hot-cocoa-and-popcorn get-together with friends planned for December 11th, which is reported to be the winter finale.

Traci

Okay .. I fess up, I too am watching this show --
    and finding it so interesting -- I have 2 new episodes on DVR - looking forward to sipping on herbal tea, and snacking on pistachios while watching my 2 new episodes.

I adore .. Snow White aka the school teacher -- she is so angelic - Ginnifer Goodwin, right?

Love .. Love Love ... Witched Witch aka 'The Mayor', she warms my heart .. LOL

Vicki Sam
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Okay .. I fess up, I too am watching this show --
    and finding it so interesting -- I have 2 new episodes on DVR - looking forward to sipping on herbal tea, and snacking on pistachios while watching my 2 new episodes.

I adore .. Snow White aka the school teacher -- she is so angelic - Ginnifer Goodwin, right?

Love .. Love Love ... Witched Witch aka 'The Mayor', she warms my heart .. LOL

Vicki Sam

Love It
    I love Once Upon A Time. It is my favorite new show. I love the concept but I wonder how long they can keep it going. I either tape or watch it every Sun. night. Glad football doesn't interupt it.

Janie
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Traci, Katherine, my avid
    Traci, Katherine, my avid mystery reader, thinks the Sheriff is the Huntsman??? I am clueless.

Danny is being fairly good natured as long as we let him watch "I Shouldn't Be Alive."

I have my neighbor watching it too now :-) I will have to start paying closer attention to your tv recs ;-)
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

Traci, Katherine, my avid
    Traci, Katherine, my avid mystery reader, thinks the Sheriff is the Huntsman??? I am clueless.

Danny is being fairly good natured as long as we let him watch "I Shouldn't Be Alive."

I have my neighbor watching it too now :-) I will have to start paying closer attention to your tv recs ;-)

The Huntsman
    The most popular theory on the fansites is that the Sheriff is indeed the Huntsman, the man from the Snow White fairy tale who the Wicked Queen sends to do her dirty work.

Because he is...well...a sheriff, after all, and Emma made a comment when they were searching for John Doe in the woods about what a good tracker the Sheriff is. And when we found out he's sleeping with the Mayor...that was a pretty good clue.

But the other theory is that he might be The Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. He was very interested in the wolf that crossed in front of Emma's car on her way into Storybrooke, and we've seen a wolf sniffing around his squad car. And he's definitely into Emma, and she does wear that red leather jacket all the time....

Such fun!

Traci
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

The Huntsman
    The most popular theory on the fansites is that the Sheriff is indeed the Huntsman, the man from the Snow White fairy tale who the Wicked Queen sends to do her dirty work.

Because he is...well...a sheriff, after all, and Emma made a comment when they were searching for John Doe in the woods about what a good tracker the Sheriff is. And when we found out he's sleeping with the Mayor...that was a pretty good clue.

But the other theory is that he might be The Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. He was very interested in the wolf that crossed in front of Emma's car on her way into Storybrooke, and we've seen a wolf sniffing around his squad car. And he's definitely into Emma, and she does wear that red leather jacket all the time....

Such fun!

Traci

I'll have to share the wolf
    I'll have to share the wolf theory with Katherine. It sounds like you two have a lot in common ;-). She reads mysteries all of the time and I almost never do because I can't stand not to peek at the ending. I know, I know, I am awful! :-)