Gone but I'll be back!

Ginny_B
Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
Hard as it is to leave mom, I am off to Israel tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. I spent a good portion of the day on the phone with pharmacy and docs getting things organized and arranged. Mom is feeling my departure and is a bit apprehensive, but my brother is quite capable of helping as is her cousin who is with her 24/7.

Hugs and well wishes to everyone on this forum, patients and caregivers alike! Hang tough. Everyone of you will be in my thoughts and prayers as I travel the Holy Land.

Ginny

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Have a wonderful time!!! It
    Have a wonderful time!!! It is good to get away.
    Sandra
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    sandy1943 said:

Have a wonderful time!!! It
    Have a wonderful time!!! It is good to get away.
    Sandra

safe travels
    to a beautiful place!
    Cora
  • LilChemoSmoker
    LilChemoSmoker Member Posts: 185
    Great to hear!
    Ginny,
    I am so glad that you have the opportunity to go to the holy land. Prayers for a lovely and beautiful time. Be safe and we will see you when you return!

Hugs
    -Michelle
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    A break
    You deserve a break Ginny and from the sounds of some of your posts I think it'll be good for you and your mom to have a little time apart. I know you love each other very much but sometimes too much togetherness can be just that - too much. When you return, you'll both be ready to tackle this thing again. Enjoy your trip knowing she's in good hands.
    Hugs
    Rita
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Best wishes to you in your travels
    Travel safely, Ginny! I know you take pieces of each of us with you and we too hold onto a bit of you as you go.

The separation between you and your mom with do you both good. She will have an opportunity to realize how she misses you and you will return to her care refreshed and renewed.

Enjoy your travel with a light heart knowing you do the best you can!

Love & many hugs,

Terry