FALSE BOTTOM

dawnsfight
dawnsfight Member Posts: 5
Hi everyone. I just found out that instead of stage 3 NSCLC I have small cell LC (limited). At first I was pretty excited because it has not spread outside of my rt lung but the small cell part is really scary! Never thought I would be happy w/stage 3 NSCLC!
Any thoughts, insights, etc would really be appreciated!!! dawn

Comments

• 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    good news!
    dawn, Although you still have cancer, now tht news sounds more promising. So hang in there I'll say a prayer for you. Lots of support on this site. I lost my hubby 20 months ago &have made some good friends even though none of us have ever met.
    "Carole"
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    me 2
    Hi Dawn! I had sclc limited and for me I thought it quite lucky (if something like this can be thought of as lucky) ;). It had not spread and was treated quickly. You CAN beat it!
    Cheers!
    Medi
  • dawnsfight
    3Mana said:

good news!
    dawn, Although you still have cancer, now tht news sounds more promising. So hang in there I'll say a prayer for you. Lots of support on this site. I lost my hubby 20 months ago &have made some good friends even though none of us have ever met.
    "Carole"

Thank you Carole and Medi.
    Thank you Carole and Medi. Your prayers are most welcome! Medi, when were you diagnosed? dawn
  • dawnsfight
    medi_2 said:

me 2
    Hi Dawn! I had sclc limited and for me I thought it quite lucky (if something like this can be thought of as lucky) ;). It had not spread and was treated quickly. You CAN beat it!
    Cheers!
    Medi

surgery?
    Medi, did you have surgery? I love your attitude. It's refreshing. I'm getting a lot of sympathetic looks in medical community. dawn
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

Thank you Carole and Medi.
    Thank you Carole and Medi. Your prayers are most welcome! Medi, when were you diagnosed? dawn

Hi Dawn
    I was diagnosed in November of 2008. I couldn't have surgery because of the tumors proximity to my heart. I had cisplatin and epotoside (sp) with radiation. In June I was told that I was basically 'cured' though common thought is that you can never be cured of cancer, just NED. But I like hearing it ;). Anyhow, it is not back. We have to stop putting all the bad connotations on Small Cell. Progress is being made; look at all the survivors! I had no idea when I was diagnosed.
    Keep the Faith and charge ahead!
    Medi
    Thanks for the compliments! (love compliments; they are such cheery little things that brighten days...)