Chat

Options
illona
illona Member Posts: 6
How do i get into the chat. I have sent the e-mail to subscribe several times. Still can't get in.
Thanks for help.

Comments

• sylvan
    sylvan Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Chat
    I have no idea but if you ever get it figured out let me know. I've sent e-mails. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Java--just in case. I still can't get on and the error flashes by so quickly I can't read it.
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    I have found that using
    I have found that using moxilla/firefox instead of internet explorer helps speed up the site. Very rarely do I have difficulties getting into chat. It seems like more and more new folks are having trouble getting into the chatroom and it is such a shame and irritation.I wish I could help you. Email Greta, explain to her. She has posted that it could be something with firewalls, as well as Java issues.
  • sylvan
    Options

I have found that using
    I have found that using moxilla/firefox instead of internet explorer helps speed up the site. Very rarely do I have difficulties getting into chat. It seems like more and more new folks are having trouble getting into the chatroom and it is such a shame and irritation.I wish I could help you. Email Greta, explain to her. She has posted that it could be something with firewalls, as well as Java issues.

FireFox
    I tried using FireFox. This time I got to see a little more of the error message. It said "sylvan is not a Registered Nickname. Registered Nicknames are required on this server. Please change to a..." That's all I got of it. Then the screen for registering appears. I filled it out, for about the 8th time, and sent it on its way. I doubt anything will happen this time either.
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    CHAT
    I always just click on the chat on the left of this page. It has always let me in. Sorry you are having a problem. There are some really nice people there.

Diana
  • happy1415
    happy1415 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Chat
    I also have had trouble with the chat. I have changed the fire wall setting turned off pop up blocker and still can not use chat.

happy1415
  • beachmom
    beachmom Member Posts: 50
    Options
    I have tried so many times
    I have tried so many times to sign up for the chat room! I've tried Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox. I get no where.....just to send the email to register.

I've sent countless emails as well. I hope they get it figured out and post it on here so we can get in!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    beachmom said:

I have tried so many times
    I have tried so many times to sign up for the chat room! I've tried Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox. I get no where.....just to send the email to register.

I've sent countless emails as well. I hope they get it figured out and post it on here so we can get in!

This is what Greta posted
    This is what Greta posted about the chat in a previous post. I don't know if it will help or not, but, here is what she wrote:

Please make sure Java is running on your computer. You can find out (free) at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml.

If you have the latest version and still have trouble, one member told me that she deleted Java and downloaded it again. That resolved her problem and enabled her to get in.

I'm able to access chat without difficulty, as do others, so whatever the access issue is, it doesn't seem to be due to the chat program.

If Java isn't the issue in your case, it might be a firewall issue or something with your settings. Even if you haven't changed anything yourself, your computer may have updated software that has affected something. It's these types of user problems that we aren't able to solve since they are unique to the user's particular situaion...hardware, software, internet connection, etc.

Regards,
    Greta
    Your CSN staff
  • sylvan
    Options
    jnl said:

This is what Greta posted
    This is what Greta posted about the chat in a previous post. I don't know if it will help or not, but, here is what she wrote:

Please make sure Java is running on your computer. You can find out (free) at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml.

If you have the latest version and still have trouble, one member told me that she deleted Java and downloaded it again. That resolved her problem and enabled her to get in.

I'm able to access chat without difficulty, as do others, so whatever the access issue is, it doesn't seem to be due to the chat program.

If Java isn't the issue in your case, it might be a firewall issue or something with your settings. Even if you haven't changed anything yourself, your computer may have updated software that has affected something. It's these types of user problems that we aren't able to solve since they are unique to the user's particular situaion...hardware, software, internet connection, etc.

Regards,
    Greta
    Your CSN staff

It appears to be a registration problem based upon the error message I received and mentioned earlier. I honestly don't think it's a firewall problem. I access other Java chat rooms with no problems at all. Another thing to note is that it's just us newbies that are having problems.
  • greta
    greta Member Posts: 237
    Options
    sylvan said:

It appears to be a registration problem based upon the error message I received and mentioned earlier. I honestly don't think it's a firewall problem. I access other Java chat rooms with no problems at all. Another thing to note is that it's just us newbies that are having problems.

I'll report the issue
    I'm sorry some of you are having trouble getting into chat.

There isn't a separate registration for chat. If you are a registered CSN member and logged on to CSN, all you should have to do is click on the chat link to be taken right in to it with your CSN username as your chat username/nickname.

Our web team will work with our chat vendor to resolve the issue. It will be a huge help if anyone receiving an error message, request to register, etc. would please send me screenshots to pass along to the web team. Click on the "Contact CSN" link in the top right corner of your screen to send me email.

Thanks,
    Your CSN staff
    Greta
  • sylvan
    Options
    greta said:

I'll report the issue
    I'm sorry some of you are having trouble getting into chat.

There isn't a separate registration for chat. If you are a registered CSN member and logged on to CSN, all you should have to do is click on the chat link to be taken right in to it with your CSN username as your chat username/nickname.

Our web team will work with our chat vendor to resolve the issue. It will be a huge help if anyone receiving an error message, request to register, etc. would please send me screenshots to pass along to the web team. Click on the "Contact CSN" link in the top right corner of your screen to send me email.

Thanks,
    Your CSN staff
    Greta

screen captures
    I've got the screen captures but I can't copy them into the e-mail. Is there some actual e-mail address I can send them to?

I'm not quick enough to catch the second line on the first screen capture but hopefully what I have will be enough to start looking into the problem. Thanks so much for doing this!
  • greta
    greta Member Posts: 237
    Options
    sylvan said:

screen captures
    I've got the screen captures but I can't copy them into the e-mail. Is there some actual e-mail address I can send them to?

I'm not quick enough to catch the second line on the first screen capture but hopefully what I have will be enough to start looking into the problem. Thanks so much for doing this!

email address
    You can send it to webmaster@acscsn.org. Thanks!
    Greta
  • sylvan
    Options
    greta said:

email address
    You can send it to webmaster@acscsn.org. Thanks!
    Greta

sent them
    I set them just a few minutes ago. Thanks for looking into the problem!