My neck

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
OK, I had my MRI and Xrays. MRI was "limited" due to too many fillings and a large metal crown. Once again, I peeked (I know I am naughty) at my results at work. I have degenerative spondylosis of C4-5. It is mild, so I am praying a few NSAID patches, maybe some PT and even a cortisone shot and I'll be good for a few years? Funny how our priorities change, but no surgery and no cancer--well that sounds like a very Merry Christmas. What's a little chronic pain? :-)

Comments

• grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    At least it isn't cancer
    Big sigh of relief!

Merry Painful Christmas, LOL

Jennifer
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

At least it isn't cancer
    Big sigh of relief!

Merry Painful Christmas, LOL

Jennifer

So
    You sound like you're making plans to limp through another few years with an old car...

Sorry you're in pain, but happy no cancer. And good for you peeking at your own results!

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

So
    You sound like you're making plans to limp through another few years with an old car...

Sorry you're in pain, but happy no cancer. And good for you peeking at your own results!

xoxo
    Victoria

Just a pain in the neck, eh?
    Anything that isn't cancer works for me! and for that, I'm very happy for you. Sorry about the pain and hope you can get it under control.

Happy holidays
    Suzanne
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options

Just a pain in the neck, eh?
    Anything that isn't cancer works for me! and for that, I'm very happy for you. Sorry about the pain and hope you can get it under control.

Happy holidays
    Suzanne

Oh happy news. So maybe
    Oh happy news. So maybe praying for a steroid shot and PT
    is a good thing! Sorry you are having this pain and hope
    it will disappear with good results from tx.

Luv & hugs, Teresa
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Uh uh...I'm telling Santa
    Uh uh...I'm telling Santa you peeked! Now there won't be any more presents under the tree for you (At least, that's what my parents told me)....But I'm glad your news doesn't involve surgery or cancer!

Hugs,

Linda
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Uh uh...I'm telling Santa
    Uh uh...I'm telling Santa you peeked! Now there won't be any more presents under the tree for you (At least, that's what my parents told me)....But I'm glad your news doesn't involve surgery or cancer!

Hugs,

Linda

Naughty Girl! Lol
    Yeah no "c". !!!!! what a relief! Thrilled..who'd think we' be "yeahing" a neck problem?

Have you ever considered an epidural injection? Have a relative and friend who have them for neck, bulging disks, and lower back degeneration of the disks..each have them 4 times a year...makes them good to go! Done by a radiologist, with 15 minutes of sedation....Maybe someting to look into...anything that relieves pain is a good thing!

You're a naughty girl but I, too, am glad you peeked! How do you spell r e l I e f?

Hugs, Nancy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    So glad that the cancer
    So glad that the cancer worry is over for now. Yeah for no surgery and no cancer. Happy holidays to you. xoxoxo Lynn
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia -- Read your
    Hi Cynthia -- Read your other post and I'm glad I was able to read your update and learn that this isn't cancer related. You must feel great about that. Happy for you. :)
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    thank God
    I am sure this is something you can live with.
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

thank God
    I am sure this is something you can live with.

Chronic pain in the neck is a real
    pain in the a** but it beats the alternative. Hope the alternatives help with the pain and you have a long life, pain or not.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Chronic pain in the neck is a real
    pain in the a** but it beats the alternative. Hope the alternatives help with the pain and you have a long life, pain or not.

no cancer is great news
    no cancer is great news however, im sorry you have to deal with the pain...hopefully they can give you something to keep it under control

Hugs
    Eva
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    epark said:

no cancer is great news
    no cancer is great news however, im sorry you have to deal with the pain...hopefully they can give you something to keep it under control

Hugs
    Eva

Laughing
    at you peeking! Just like before Christmas. So happy for you!

Good news is always the best!

Carol