Options
2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Ask your Dr about rather or
    Ask your Dr about rather or not Vitamins are OK to take. I was told no multi vitamins and no antioxidants but had approval to continue on with my Vit D (it helps with my SAD and I did chmo through the winter - it also helps with calcium uptake) and my Vit. B complex. Also was told to continue with calcium. During Taxol I started having problems with keping enough potassium so had to start mega doses of it about 1/2 way through. But by now you should have had your Chemo Education so you know what your Dr wants/doesn't want you dsoing.

We're all different and have different needs so there is no "right" answer that fits all. Also our Dr are different.

Susan

Just checked in to see if
    Just checked in to see if you had posted an update. I hope you are doing alright. Post when you feel like it KitKatKat.

Hugs, Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

chemocare.com
    I lived on this website for remedies for side effects of chemo. Also bring a blanket and a good book.

I know I am really late but
    I know I am really late but I am sending lots of luck and hoping you got your chemo and have no side effects.

Hugs, Jan
  • mom2harley
    mom2harley Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Get to a dentist
    I had chemo 5 or six years ago and all they ever talked about was losing hair. If this is your first time with chemo, I would suggest seeing a dentist asap. Maybe it will stop the total mess that happens in your mouth. It's embarassing enough not having boobs, but smiling is a real challenge when your teeth have rotted out, too. Just and FYI that I was never told about......
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Hello KitKatKat
    I just wanted to chime in because of what you said, you
    wished you had them both removed. I DID JUST THAT!
    I had a lumpectomy first upon my doctor's recommendation.
    But I did not feel comfortable with that decision once I
    did more research. And I went back and had a mastectomy.
    Not trying to influence you but just wanted to say do
    what gives YOU peace of mind.

And of course best of luck with your chemo!! I hope it
    won't be too rough on you. And get ready... with that I
    mean get lotsa good books, music, movies.. anything that
    spoils you and makes you feel better. Also maybe get helping
    with cleaning your house etc.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Get to a dentist
    I had chemo 5 or six years ago and all they ever talked about was losing hair. If this is your first time with chemo, I would suggest seeing a dentist asap. Maybe it will stop the total mess that happens in your mouth. It's embarassing enough not having boobs, but smiling is a real challenge when your teeth have rotted out, too. Just and FYI that I was never told about......

I am hoping that your chemo
    I am hoping that your chemo wasn't too hard on you, but, I am getting worried since you haven't posted any update. I pray you have no side effects and are just busy.

Hugs, Leeza
  • cntgobck03
    cntgobck03 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Amy-LLL said:

Today
    Hope it went OK for you today. I start Chemo on Dec 7th and I am scared as well. Great advice above and just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you!

Hi
    I start chemo on Dec. 7 too. What's your mix? I'm scared too. I love this site. It helps so much.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Becky
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Hi
    I start chemo on Dec. 7 too. What's your mix? I'm scared too. I love this site. It helps so much.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Becky

Wishing both of you
    Wishing both of you Kitkatkat and Becky good luck with chemo!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣