No more chemo

Options
JMulkey
JMulkey Member Posts: 32
Well, we got the bad news today. No more chemo. The onc thinks her tumor load is large enough that it can't possibly do any good for her. Her counts are really bad, hemoglobin and platelettes both down a long way and that's without chemo for three weeks, and having blood and iron. So, we have no idea how long, probably another two weeks to two months. This has been the hardest year of my life, but I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world. I'm just a wreck right now.

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry
    there is no more chemo. Could you possibly get a second opinion?? How is your Mom feeling in general?Sending prayers to you and your Mom...val
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

I am so sorry
    there is no more chemo. Could you possibly get a second opinion?? How is your Mom feeling in general?Sending prayers to you and your Mom...val

I am so sorry too
    Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelly
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    :( hugs...I can totally
    :( hugs...I can totally relate to the wreck part. I would sit and hold you while we cry together. It helps sometimes to just vent the pressure. I will be thinking of you. cyber hugs
  • Mum2bellaandwilliam
    Options

:( hugs...I can totally
    :( hugs...I can totally relate to the wreck part. I would sit and hold you while we cry together. It helps sometimes to just vent the pressure. I will be thinking of you. cyber hugs

((hugs))
    I am so sorry to hear this, yup, the wreck part soooooooo true, the helplessness ,the loneliness, it is sickening.
    I dread the day we face this news , however I know it will be sooner rather than later, it petrifies me.
    Enjoy every second of the time, be as strong as you can , but cry as much as you need.

I hate this b*****d with every fibre of my being.

XXX Liz XXX
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options

((hugs))
    I am so sorry to hear this, yup, the wreck part soooooooo true, the helplessness ,the loneliness, it is sickening.
    I dread the day we face this news , however I know it will be sooner rather than later, it petrifies me.
    Enjoy every second of the time, be as strong as you can , but cry as much as you need.

I hate this b*****d with every fibre of my being.

XXX Liz XXX

I am so sorry to hear this
    I am so sorry to hear this as well. It is the worst to hear and have to deal with. I am scared to hear those words as well
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    sorry....
    sending (((hugs))) out to both of you...... Maria