Does anyone have information on adrenal gland involvment?

Options
Has anyone had drenal gland issues or mets? Can you tell me your story. What was the issue? How was it discovered? What are they doing about it? I would really appreciate any input.

Comments

• Benbrauer
    Benbrauer Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Metastized to adrenal
    hi, I have Ec in remission now but I was diagnosed at the stage four degree because it was in my adrenal gland and lymph nodes. They did a ultra sound look see down the throat and the saw a problem with the adrenal gland on the left. They took a\ biopsy and it was cancer there also. With very agressive radiation and a boatload of chemo over four months I went into remission. No cancer any where in my body. Will it come back? Probably, but am greatful for any time that I have.

Tell me more about yourdignosis. Ben
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Benbrauer said:

Metastized to adrenal
    hi, I have Ec in remission now but I was diagnosed at the stage four degree because it was in my adrenal gland and lymph nodes. They did a ultra sound look see down the throat and the saw a problem with the adrenal gland on the left. They took a\ biopsy and it was cancer there also. With very agressive radiation and a boatload of chemo over four months I went into remission. No cancer any where in my body. Will it come back? Probably, but am greatful for any time that I have.

Tell me more about yourdignosis. Ben

Thanks Ben
    I'm a caregiver. My husband was Dx with EC last November Stage I. He had the THE surgery less than a month later and has been doing pretty well. For several months he has been having low potassium results with blood work. This month they sent him to an Endo doc and she is looking at possible abnormalities with his adrenal gland. I've been concerned it could be related to his EC. Guess we will just have to jump through the hoops to get some answers. I just hate the waiting. He will have a PET and CT sometime in the next week or two.

Thank you Ben for telling me about your EC. I'm glad you are in remission. Hope it stays gone for a long time.
  • Daisylin
    Daisylin Member Posts: 365
    Options

Thanks Ben
    I'm a caregiver. My husband was Dx with EC last November Stage I. He had the THE surgery less than a month later and has been doing pretty well. For several months he has been having low potassium results with blood work. This month they sent him to an Endo doc and she is looking at possible abnormalities with his adrenal gland. I've been concerned it could be related to his EC. Guess we will just have to jump through the hoops to get some answers. I just hate the waiting. He will have a PET and CT sometime in the next week or two.

Thank you Ben for telling me about your EC. I'm glad you are in remission. Hope it stays gone for a long time.

Adrenal gland
    My husband Lee had issues with his adrenal glands as well, but not mets there. As it was explained to us, chemo and opiates do a nice job damaging adrenal and thyroid glands. Lee's issues were quite different than your's, but in a nutshell, he had severe (and I do mean SEVERE) hot and cold flashes, to the point where he could not even go outside in the summer sun without vomiting. He would break into hot and cold sweats, and was truly miserable for months. We'd mentioned this at every appointment, but no one seemed to care. There were other symptoms, but that was the trigger for the nurse practitioner (finally) to send us to an endocrinologist. Of course they asked a million questions about everything from diet to sexuality, did a complete blood work and from there decided to put him on hormone replacement gel. From day one of using this, the hot and cold flashes stopped!!!
    We were told that Lee was the first person at our clinic ever to be tested for this 'opiate induced hormone imbalance" They said that they see it constantly in 'meth heads' and other opioid using addicts. They have been starting to see a pattern in cancer patients as well as AIDS patients who are on lots of pain control.

I hope that helps, I know the Androgel worked wonders for Lee's issues. We posted about this a few months ago, and although no one had heard of the opiate side of things, many chimed in that hormone therapy did wonders for their issues regarding their own personal gland imbalances.
    Chantal
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Adrenal gland
    My husband Lee had issues with his adrenal glands as well, but not mets there. As it was explained to us, chemo and opiates do a nice job damaging adrenal and thyroid glands. Lee's issues were quite different than your's, but in a nutshell, he had severe (and I do mean SEVERE) hot and cold flashes, to the point where he could not even go outside in the summer sun without vomiting. He would break into hot and cold sweats, and was truly miserable for months. We'd mentioned this at every appointment, but no one seemed to care. There were other symptoms, but that was the trigger for the nurse practitioner (finally) to send us to an endocrinologist. Of course they asked a million questions about everything from diet to sexuality, did a complete blood work and from there decided to put him on hormone replacement gel. From day one of using this, the hot and cold flashes stopped!!!
    We were told that Lee was the first person at our clinic ever to be tested for this 'opiate induced hormone imbalance" They said that they see it constantly in 'meth heads' and other opioid using addicts. They have been starting to see a pattern in cancer patients as well as AIDS patients who are on lots of pain control.

I hope that helps, I know the Androgel worked wonders for Lee's issues. We posted about this a few months ago, and although no one had heard of the opiate side of things, many chimed in that hormone therapy did wonders for their issues regarding their own personal gland imbalances.
    Chantal

This is good information Chantal
    You might have something there. Maybe the pain med's he was on after surgery knocked his adrenal gland out of balance. He has been "running" cold. Keeping the house very warm these days. I have been operating under the mode...hope for the best, expect the worst and nothing in between will surprise me. I will be hoping for an out of balance adrenal gland that can be corrected with some hormone replacement gel!

I remember you and Lee posting about his hot and cold sweats and how severe they were. I must have missed the post on the solution. Thank you very much for sharing this information with me.