Starting round 3

joan60
joan60 Member Posts: 89
of chemo on Tuesday the 29th. Even though I don't post very much I try to stay in touch by reading everyones post. I finished carbo/taxol at the end of May. I had a hernia surgery in Aug. My ca-125 was at 45 from 15,they thought it went up because of surgery. On my next ca-125 test it was 146, I had a ct-scan and blood drawn on the 11th of Nov. I saw my Dr. and my ca-125 was at 2,003. The ca scan showed lesions in and on my liver about the size of a gumball, I'll start Avastin and a pill called cytoxin on Tuesday the 29th. Monday the 28th I'll have a biopsy to make sure it is ovarian and not breast cancer related as I had breast cancer in 2008. So I'm rolling up my sleeves and putting on my boxing gloves to fight back again and my personal nurse is back on duty (my husband or as he calls himself Nurse Betty) which I hope everyone has
Joan.

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Sorry to hear rhe beast is back
    You put on the big teal boxing gloves and fight, fight like hell. Blessings and prayer and big big hugs coming your way...val
  • joan60
    joan60 Member Posts: 89

Sorry to hear rhe beast is back
    You put on the big teal boxing gloves and fight, fight like hell. Blessings and prayer and big big hugs coming your way...val

Thanks Val
    As one of my friends said to put on my **** pants and to not let it win!!!
    How are you doing?
    Joan
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    joan60 said:

Thanks Val
    As one of my friends said to put on my **** pants and to not let it win!!!
    How are you doing?
    Joan

I am seven
    months out of chemo,,my next appointment is before Christmas and I feel great. I am a little nervous but I think I will still be ned..val
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Good Luck Joan !
    I hope that combo of drugs works well for you without many side effects so you can enjoy the holidays while fighting this disease !
    Colleen