Good News from the Onc

Options
MellieMc
MellieMc Member Posts: 35
I went to the Oncologist today and the results came back good. I will not have chemo. I will have radiation and meds. It was such a relief! It isn't an agressive type.
«1

Comments

  • sylvan
    sylvan Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Wonderful!
    I'm so glad that you got good news. I know exactly how it feels. I too was able to skip chemo because of the type of cancer. Congratulations!
  • beachmom
    beachmom Member Posts: 50
    Options
    What a blessing!
    So glad that you have received that good news!

    It seems you and I were diagnosied around the same time. I'm waiting for my oncotype tests (I asked that both tumors be tested) to be completed. Reconstruction has certainly been the slowdown in the recovery process! Finally had one drain out yesterday, hoping that this other one will come out tomorrow....

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we have so much to be thankful for.

    Keely
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Happy for you....I was
    Happy for you....I was fortunate enough to not need chemo...I HOPE all goes smoothly as it can...

    Denise
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

    Happy for you....I was
    Happy for you....I was fortunate enough to not need chemo...I HOPE all goes smoothly as it can...

    Denise

    YAHOOO! ...
    Great news! We all like to celebrate when good news is posted, and non-aggressive constitutes good news -- .. :)

    Enjoy the day, and Thanksgiving!

    Strength, Courage and Hope.

    Vicki Sam
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

    YAHOOO! ...
    Great news! We all like to celebrate when good news is posted, and non-aggressive constitutes good news -- .. :)

    Enjoy the day, and Thanksgiving!

    Strength, Courage and Hope.

    Vicki Sam

    Awesome News
    I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

    Hugs,Debi
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Sounds good.
    Chemo can be really hard, I am so glad that you don't have to look forward to that!
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    camul said:

    Sounds good.
    Chemo can be really hard, I am so glad that you don't have to look forward to that!

    Great news!
    Now that's something to be thankful for! I had similar treatment almost 3 years ago.

    Roseann
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Great news!
    I can honestly say I know how you feel because I did not have to have chemo either. I had 33 rad treatments and now 5 years of Femara.

    Hugs,
    Georgia
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    I am really happy and
    I am really happy and relieved for you. Really good news and what a relief!!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

    I am really happy and
    I am really happy and relieved for you. Really good news and what a relief!!

    I love good news!
    Yahooie! I'm so happy for you.

    Suzanne
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

    I love good news!
    Yahooie! I'm so happy for you.

    Suzanne

    Such good news!
    Your

    Such good news!
    Your Thanksgiving will be very meaningful this year!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Just_Lisa
    Just_Lisa Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Woo Hoo
    YAY for no chemo!!!! Enjoy that weight that lifted off your shoulders.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Just_Lisa said:

    Woo Hoo
    YAY for no chemo!!!! Enjoy that weight that lifted off your shoulders.

    Congrats
    that's great news...

    Eva
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

    I love good news!
    Yahooie! I'm so happy for you.

    Suzanne

    Congrats!
    Hugs, Jan

    Congrats!


    Hugs, Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    beachmom said:

    What a blessing!
    So glad that you have received that good news!

    It seems you and I were diagnosied around the same time. I'm waiting for my oncotype tests (I asked that both tumors be tested) to be completed. Reconstruction has certainly been the slowdown in the recovery process! Finally had one drain out yesterday, hoping that this other one will come out tomorrow....

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we have so much to be thankful for.

    Keely

    Wonderful news Mellie! Big
    Wonderful news Mellie! Big congrats!


    Lex
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    SWEET!
    No chemo is great! Congrats. Radiation is not as bad as chemo. Not near chemo, at least from my experience. And chemo isn't horrible so I think you'll do well with that. I pray you recover smoothly and please keeps us posted.
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

    SWEET!
    No chemo is great! Congrats. Radiation is not as bad as chemo. Not near chemo, at least from my experience. And chemo isn't horrible so I think you'll do well with that. I pray you recover smoothly and please keeps us posted.

    Yippeeeee!
    Although chemo wasn't so bad, at least for me, it's always good to hear that folks get to miss out on that experience. Rads are a pain but very "doable". Just follow orders to use creams etc. And know that we're with you - the first treatment is the funky part, not knowing what to expect and being alone with the techs etc.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

    I am really happy and
    I am really happy and relieved for you. Really good news and what a relief!!

    Really great news!


    Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

    I am really happy and
    I am really happy and relieved for you. Really good news and what a relief!!

    :)
    Wonderful news! You have to be so relieved and so happy!


    Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

    Awesome News
    I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

    Hugs,Debi

    This really is awesome news!
    This really is awesome news! Very happy for you!


    Hugs, Diane