Damn this disease

Options
kikz
kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
I got a message on my cell phone to call regarding a person who was in my Living strong/Living well program. It was her cousin who informed me Shiela had passed away yesterday. I am in shock. This was a young women who was so strong and healthy. I assumed she was in remission from breast cancer. I last saw her at our potluck on the last day of the program in August. We all exchanged email and phone numbers. I have only seen a couple of the people when we go on a hike a couple of times a month. I hadn't heard that Shiela was ill. I am so upset.

Karen

Comments

• clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I agree
    Karen I know how you feel. When we got the news about Linda P., I also got a message from the mother of a young man 21 years old that has no options left and he is in a lot of pain. He has Ewing's Cancer. All he wants is to go back to college and they made him come home. Last week was a bummer for me. Just trying to regroup.

Linda
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    It's so difficult
    I think we're all still reeling from losing Linda and each of have others that we know who are dealing with OVCA or other cancers. I hate this disease, also!!!!
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Mwee said:

It's so difficult
    I think we're all still reeling from losing Linda and each of have others that we know who are dealing with OVCA or other cancers. I hate this disease, also!!!!
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Cancer is so unfair
    it takes too many lives. I am sorry about your friend..val
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you on
    I am right there with you on this. This just totally sucks.
  • Sunnyjh
    Sunnyjh Member Posts: 31
    Options
    So sorry
    I am so sorry for your loss.i think death still always comes as a surprise to us, even when we think we know when and of what. I had a dear friend of forty eight years die very suddenly and unexpectedly in Aug. she had been giving me moral support, and I sure she never saw it coming.I don't know if it's better when we think we know or not. We think we are in control. judy
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options
    Sunnyjh said:

So sorry
    I am so sorry for your loss.i think death still always comes as a surprise to us, even when we think we know when and of what. I had a dear friend of forty eight years die very suddenly and unexpectedly in Aug. she had been giving me moral support, and I sure she never saw it coming.I don't know if it's better when we think we know or not. We think we are in control. judy

It is very scary how fast
    It is very scary how fast this disease can take our lives. I am sorry to hear about your friend. When we hear of news like that I know it makes us all look at life in the face. We just don't know what tomorrow will bring. But for today we eat Turkey.
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    Ditto
    A Woman who helped me train my dog for agility...was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer recently......48 years old....damn this f ing disease.........how the doctors missed it.....I have changed my life completely...no more living like I have retirement to look forward to in 10 years......