How do you get yourself to eat with no taste?

Options
13»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Greend said:

It is an adventure
    It started getting funny to me when I finally started eating because I never knew what would taste like the old taste and what would be a totally new experience. I recall that bread pudding was the first real food I could eat and enjoy and I must have devoured 10 lbs at one sitting...:>) (well maybe not 10 lbs but a lot)

Bread Pudding
    Oh yes it is very soft and very easy to go down, my first bread pudding was while in Charleston SC at a place called Popeye’s. It was the best bread pudding I ever tasted and the first I ever tasted after treatment.

Hondo
  • jtl
    jtl Member Posts: 456
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Roger, here's more info....
    Hi Roger
    You're post sounds like you are living my life 19 months later !!

No hunger, food looks disgusting, no appetite, etc, etc. I relied on shakes and protein drinks....Try to order some Carnation instant breakfast on line at walgreen. It is 560 calories and I mix it with Starbucks Frappaccino drinks from supermarket, 200 calories and it is really good. Goes down easy and is a cool 760 calories.
    Then I order Scandi shakes on line at OTC.com. Mix the powder with 8 oz of milk and you get another 600 calories that tastes pretty good, vanilla, choc and strawberry. All are ok to drink. The reason for two types is one is in cans and the other is a packet. Easy to take with you anywhere. I worked and traveled and took the Scandi shakes with me and would drink 2-3 a day to get as many calories as I needed. I still count calories in my head all day and I can now eat just about everything I want.
    I still have little appetite but I understand that my job now is to stay healthy and get my calories with protein and other nutrients.
    I had the PEG for 13 months and it was a life saver, just not easy to use at lunch when working or when traveling, so the shakes and drinks are a great option.....
    Good luck with the journey Roger, it does get better. You just have to keep your head up and be positive and keep marching forward......You can do it and you will do it....
    All the best to you,,,
    Steve

Hawk
    Is the high calorie Carnation available in the store or only online?
    John
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    jtl said:

Hawk
    Is the high calorie Carnation available in the store or only online?
    John

Jtl
    As far as I know, everyone has had to order it on line, but I think some stores do have a ship to store option. I forget if it was cvs or walgreens that had that option.