I'm still around

Options
JimboC
JimboC Member Posts: 264
I just wanted to drop a quick note and tell everyone I am still around. I started back at work Monday and it's been a little tough. This was the first full (Actually I even worked over some) week that I've put in since I was diagnosed back in February. I've been battling the physical effects of recover just being tired and the dreaded mental effects of not knowing what waits for me after my biopsy next week. I may not be posting as much but everyone is still on my mind. I try to at least look at the posts a couple of times a day.

I started the week out strong but by the end of the week, I was falling asleep as soon as I got home. It's also tough getting my eating routine in line while working. I had two small Bob Evans frozen breakfast burritos Monday and was starved when I got home. I try not to eat anything heavy after 6:00PM and nothing at all 3 hours before bed so when I work over, it makes dinner difficult if not impossible.

The mental part of this was tough this week too. EC has stolen my holidays all year pretty much. Easter, Memorial Day and Labor Day I was on Chemo and felt like crap. Shoot, I ended up burning myself on Easter because of neuropathy and had to go to the urgent care clinic. I had my surgery on July 1st and was in the hospital for the July 4th holiday. Halloween I was in Pittsburgh, I will be in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving and I have no doubt that if the biopsy comes back cancerous, I'll be in Pittsburgh for Christmas for surgery. lol

On a brighter note, it has now been a year since I first started noticing problems swallowing so the fact I am still fighting the battle makes me feel good. I feel amazing right now. Other than being tired I don't feel sick.

It is with much love and respect for everyone that I say goodbye for now and even though I'm not here as much, you all are still with me giving me strength to continue the fight!

Comments

• MissusB
    MissusB Member Posts: 111
    Options
    So glad to hear from you!
    You've been on my mind, and I'm glad to know you're hanging in there. Still praying! Kim
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    There will be holidays again next year, Jimbo!
    My husband felt the same about losing his summer hiking with our kids. But as he says, there is always next year. And there will, that's what's great!

Still praying that reports on the node come back clean.

Glad you're back at work but, don't work too hard. Work is important, but it isn't life!

Love & Hugs,

Terry
  • Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Options
    Jim...
    It's really one thing to sort of feel good while at home and to be at work when you think you felt good at home. It's a huge effort to go to work - the physical part of getting there, then getting the mental gears moving, and then the body following! Kudos to you!

Super man!
  • Ucsf_smile
    Ucsf_smile Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks for the update. We
    Thanks for the update. We are proud of you.
  • jgwright
    jgwright Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Good news
    And hope... Keep it up. But... Bob Evans Breakfast Burritos. Scary.

--Jerry