Have you ever felt mischievous during this journey?

Options
aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
I can name at least two times...

- It started with the needle biopsie, the assistant who was showing me where I
can get undressed really liked my shoes. And I REALLY didn't like the feel of this
place. So I offered her my shoes, is shell just jot down that all was well and I
could be on my way. And when she hesitated I included my purse. You should have
seen her surprised face when she realized I was seriously bargaining with her...hahah

- Another time was during my surgery for my mastectomy, me and my friend went a little
crazy and did some first class "Graffitti" on my chest. I would have loved to see their
faces when they saw my explicit art work.

- As soon as I had an inch of hair, out came the inch heels and I went dancing, I was
literally in a trance, so happy to be there and I KNEW I was having the best time in
that club. I was so amazed when man came up to compliment me on my hair cut (but
silently I thought, yeah you'll say anything to.... ) But when women came up, I was
just really taken back. That night I made my come back as a sexy b****

Anyone has some stories to tell... COME on... what is share here, stays here (:

Love,love, love
Ayse

Comments

  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Ayse, I love your joie de
    Ayse, I love your joie de vivre! I love laughing whenever I can and I often find many aspects of cancer funny.

    I loved when my 4 year old told me that my breast looked like a "plop of mud" when I asked her what she thought (pre-nipple stage). Don't you just love the honesty and concrete thinking of a child? You can see those little wheels turning and their candor is refreshing.

    As far as being mischievous, we have a childhod friend who is a know-it-all and he gave me a lecture about how I was psychologically addicted to my hats and wigs because I hadn't had chemo in months. I didn't say a word, just pulled off my wig. I had a bald head with a few wisps (we all know the look) and he was horrified. That just cracked me up!

    And, when my family really acts like idiots, I am not above using the cancer card. It really keeps my crabby mother-in-law in line ;-).
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    I don't remember the exact coversation
    But one time at work everybody was discussing how horrible something was, how bad it was going to be, how awful they were going to have it when it wasn't a big deal at all. So, I piped up and said, and I bet it will give ME cancer....should have seen the looks on their faces, LOL

    Another time, my boss was talking about how I should buy this or that and it was out of my budget...I told him I would have to wait til after my next CT to see if it would have a good return on investment. He told me I was awful

    Keep laughing,

    Jennifer
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    grams2jc said:

    I don't remember the exact coversation
    But one time at work everybody was discussing how horrible something was, how bad it was going to be, how awful they were going to have it when it wasn't a big deal at all. So, I piped up and said, and I bet it will give ME cancer....should have seen the looks on their faces, LOL

    Another time, my boss was talking about how I should buy this or that and it was out of my budget...I told him I would have to wait til after my next CT to see if it would have a good return on investment. He told me I was awful

    Keep laughing,

    Jennifer

    Ha! Those are great stories
    On weekends I still like to put on one of my wigs(I have black, brown, blond, and red in different styles)and sunglasses, and go places incognito. I can walk right past people I work with and they don't recognize me. I don't know why it amuses me but.....:)
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    Options
    grams2jc said:

    I don't remember the exact coversation
    But one time at work everybody was discussing how horrible something was, how bad it was going to be, how awful they were going to have it when it wasn't a big deal at all. So, I piped up and said, and I bet it will give ME cancer....should have seen the looks on their faces, LOL

    Another time, my boss was talking about how I should buy this or that and it was out of my budget...I told him I would have to wait til after my next CT to see if it would have a good return on investment. He told me I was awful

    Keep laughing,

    Jennifer

    Jennifer this is too funny!
    Jennifer, this is too funny. I will have to use this!


    Ballerina
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

    Ha! Those are great stories
    On weekends I still like to put on one of my wigs(I have black, brown, blond, and red in different styles)and sunglasses, and go places incognito. I can walk right past people I work with and they don't recognize me. I don't know why it amuses me but.....:)

    If my memory serves me,
    I do recall using the "C" card to get out of a speeding ticket. :/
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Ballerina said:

    Jennifer this is too funny!
    Jennifer, this is too funny. I will have to use this!


    Ballerina

    Hmm I'm thinking. It was
    Hmm I'm thinking. It was thanksgiving 2009 and I was bald. My grandson Charlie was 2 1/2 andhad never seen me bald. I took off my furry hat and he just "glared" at my bald head. His daddy told him he could touch my head which he did and then we had fun each of us wearing that silly hat. We have photos of Charlie wearing my hat. Charlie is a very active little boy but was ever so gentle with his "ama" when daddy told him she had a boo boo.