Options
2»

Comments

• tclem
    tclem Member Posts: 22
    Options

SO Serious Robert!
    Robert,

SO great to hear that your dad has had a turn for the better and he is doing so much more than before and you get to witness this and see the changes aren't they great??

I will keep this as simple as possible;
    YOU are going to have to get dad to a "MAJOR" cancer treatment center and as you noticed in others posts, the doctor who MUST perform this surgery must be an EXPERT in EVERY SINGLE SINCE OF THE WORD EXPERT EXPERT EXPERT.
    I am a broken record but there is NO CURE, re-read that Robert, this is your Dad, there is NO CURE for EC EXCEPT surgery to remove the tumor(s) usually after chemotherapy and some radiation and then more cleanup to catch any free cancer cells that may be swimming inside of dad after the surgery. Chemo alone GUARANTEES a return of the disease at some point in the near future.

DO NOT FEEL LIKE A BOOT!! You are with us and ever single one of us walked in to this knowing NOTHING and walked away experts who had to be the advocate and fight for our dad's (wife's sisters, whomever) and fight to get them the treatment they have to have to be here with us next week or next year. That's all.

It IS this simple. Period.
    Ask ANY and MANY questions please!
    God bless you, thank you for your service to our country and Semper Fi.

Eric

Glad your dad is doing better
    Sorry you had to join this board but it is a great place. I've only been here for about 2 weeks and you can feel the love and support from everyone here. I hope your dad is back on his feet and able to finish his treatment soon.
  • sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options
    tclem said:

Glad your dad is doing better
    Sorry you had to join this board but it is a great place. I've only been here for about 2 weeks and you can feel the love and support from everyone here. I hope your dad is back on his feet and able to finish his treatment soon.

FeverSpikes
    Robert, I am a stage IV EC person and on my 5th chemo drug over 19 months. I'm doing well and for now am stable. Having read this entire thread, I think the others have covered most of the high points, but I wanted to add that the current chemo drug I am on has a tendency to spike a temperature in me after every treatment. The first time was a mess and I ended up in the hospital for a week. Since then, I go in 2 days after each treatment for added fluids IV which has helped a great deal. Even with this, however, I still spike a temp for a day after each treatment. I also get the shot to boost white cell count two days after treatment. I share this for two reasons; one,if he is on chemo that may have this as a side effect, don't worry the docs can handle it and two the IV fluids seem to reduce the temp spikes. The first time I ran 103 temp for three days on antibiotics round the clock. Had all the test your dad had found nothing. Since then with the flude support, it hasn't topped 100.8. With the long list of side effects chemo drugs can have, I view this as a minor annoyance. Good luck to you and your dad and family and know that we are all adding you to our prayer list. Sam
  • Luvs24
    Luvs24 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    No one fights alone...
    My dad was diagnosed in June of 2011 and had surgery in October of this year for stage 3. He also had the chemo/radiation before surgery and for about 10 days he had fevers that would spike. He had no energy to get up, was almost delusional. It was awful and so scary.
    But it got better slowly. Just another hill to climb.
    I was glad to see you already saw improvements before I got a chance to comment.

You are not alone in this. I am so grateful for this board, since we have to go through this awful fight, it helps so much to know that what others have dealt with too.

Strength in numbers!

Please continue to post, and ask questions. I alway learn so much from here!

God bless,
    Beth
    Daughter of Roy
    DX 6/17/11
    T3M1N0
    Ivor Lewis Robotically 10/07/11