Neck Dissection

2»

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103 Member
    Goalie said:

and biopsies
    is the other reason why they did it after I was done with rads and chemo. Yes, he waited until the skin had healed pretty well (two months) and took out the 26 lymph nodes on the known cancer side. They were able to biopsy them and found that the known one - which was still a pretty good sized mass - was just dead tumor and that the other 25 were never bad. Sure, it would have been nice to be able to put those "good" ones back or not to have taken them in the first place, but you don't know until you know for sure, and this assurance was definitely worth the pain and bother of the surgery ... to me, anyway. I would always have wondered otherwise.

BTW, my new picture is me a year ago at Thanksgiving. I was 40 pounds lighter and was not allowed anything other than that glass of Boost+ because of my lingering propensity to return my food whence it came. The wine and beer were also not for me, alas.

Thank you
    Thank you for explaining the picture, I was wondering about all of those beverages in front of you. You will sure enjoy this Thanksgiving!