another ca 125 update

jadav1956
jadav1956 Member Posts: 95 Member
edited April 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi ladies !!! I had my 3rd tx of taxotere and carbo today. I think it must be stronger than taxol. I have all the early sx I had with the taxol. Anyway for some good news. My ca 125 is now down to 51 !!! I am really happy about that. It was 110 3 weeks ago.The onc said I have to have 2 normal ca 125 and then on to consolodation or maintenance therapy. He said most likely taxotere as it has been working so well. I am praying the next two will be normal. My next tx is scheduled for 12/15 and it will hopefully be the last. I did lose my job as of 11/1. I have the name of an attorney which I have called, but no return call as of yet. I am also speaking with a social worker hopefuly tomorrow. I am just going to concentrate on me as much as I can, but it really did hurt that they would treat me like that. I am strong and feeling as well as I can !! Just taking things one day at time- no stressing about things that are out of my hands !! Prayers do work and GOD is awesome. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you !! Please enjoy as much time with family as possible. Jackie

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Jackie:
    Good to hear that

Jackie:

Good to hear that your CA125 keeps coming down. So glad that the taxotere and carbo are working for you.

What a shame, though, that you lost your job. I hope you find an attorney that can help you out. Are you able to apply for unemployment in the meantime? Also, did you ever sign any employment contracts with your employer? Also, did they give you any type of notice (or warning) that if you missed,etc.etc., that they would let you go?

Enough about that. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving. You are so right. Prayers do work!

Kathy
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Kaleena said:

Jackie:
    Good to hear that

Jackie:

Good to hear that your CA125 keeps coming down. So glad that the taxotere and carbo are working for you.

What a shame, though, that you lost your job. I hope you find an attorney that can help you out. Are you able to apply for unemployment in the meantime? Also, did you ever sign any employment contracts with your employer? Also, did they give you any type of notice (or warning) that if you missed,etc.etc., that they would let you go?

Enough about that. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving. You are so right. Prayers do work!

Kathy

Glad too about your CA 125
    Glad too that your CA 125 keeps coming down, Jackie. I'm sorry though that you lost your job but I love your positive attitude. I'll be praying for you and I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

Kelly
  • Susan777
    Susan777 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Great news on the CA125
    Hi Jackie.....So glad you're numbers are dropping. Are you due for another scan after your numbers go down further? As far as your job goes....why dont you just go on Social Security Disability? Because of the COMPASIONATE ACT...social security is always granted with people with stage 3 and 4 cancers. When you feel better you can just go back to work or continue with SSDI and earn up to 1K per month on top of the money. Just a thought.

((((BIG HUGS))))

Susan
  • Montgo55
    Montgo55 Member Posts: 2 Member

I am Donna

need to understand I am stage 3 ovarian cancer and stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. I applied for SSDI what are my chances of being approved.