Our blog

Options
Elarsen
Elarsen Member Posts: 9
Hi everyone,

I am soon hitting the 1 year anniversary since diagnosis (Stage 4, all the "bad" grades). Hard to believe it has only been a year looking back! I had a Pet scan and not a spot of cancer....for now ;).

I wanted to remind newcomers that I had my husband maintain a blog for fellow sufferers recounting the ordeal of surgery and chemotherapy. Hopefully we will save some aggravation and anxiety ;).

Good luck to everyone. Half the battle is the state of mind!

www.ourovariancancertrip.com

Comments

• Susan53
    Susan53 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Blog
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I found myself going to a counselor thinking I was having feelings that were not normal. I had a lot of anxiety, worry, sadness and depression. I thought I should be feeling great because right now every thing is under control. WRONG , I didn't realize these were normal feelings for cancer patients. I think there should be more information out there about the post tramatic stress of cancer.
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    Susan53 said:

Blog
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I found myself going to a counselor thinking I was having feelings that were not normal. I had a lot of anxiety, worry, sadness and depression. I thought I should be feeling great because right now every thing is under control. WRONG , I didn't realize these were normal feelings for cancer patients. I think there should be more information out there about the post tramatic stress of cancer.

PTSD
    I totally agree with you about the post-traumatic stress! Last year at this time, I didn't know if I was gonna survive a few months and lately, I seem to be re-living the horror of those days. My youngest daughter (who lives nearby) is going thru the same "anniversary grief." It's hard not to make comparisons with "chemo this time compared to chemo last year." I don't know how anyone can do chemo & keep working.

I'm sad Linda Procopio passed away already & I miss her presence on the discussion board. I read her obituary and felt even worse about her being gone. I know she had a good life so that is somewhat comforting. Then I think about the women dealing with OVCA who never had the financial resources or family support that Linda had and I wonder how they are doing.

Joan: I read your blog & congratulate you on your success. I noticed that there were several references to Avastin having an anti-coagulant (blood thinning) effect. I believe Avastin works by stopping new blood vessels from growing. I think blood clots are a possible side effect from Avastin, too. Maybe you assumed there was a blood thinning effect because of the easy bruising.