Options

Comments

• mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    mom62 said:

Sense of Humor
    Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear about your results. It's good to see you've kept your sense of humor though. That's what gets me through as well. I haven't been on in a while. I don't know what kind of wound you have but have they considered a KCI vacume? I had one when my incision wouldn't close and it worked well. You look great in your luncheon photo. I'm sorry you are going through all this but we are here for you. I had recurrance in 2009 and have bone mets. I just got over an infection IV meds for 5 1/2 weeks. I understand where you are coming from and hope your new treatment with the taxol works. Praying for you.

Terry

Sorry that you have to go

Sorry that you have to go through all of this. On one hand bad scan results can tip your world upside down on the other hand just as well we have them to figure out a plan of action instead of just keeling over. I doubt this helps you feel better given your situation. I do wish you the best.

With regards to the port. I had one in for 2 years. I would not have done the treatment without it. You can have your weekly blood draws done through your port as well. It is a minor surgery, very quick and well worth the extra effort, at least I thought it was.

take care. send you much love and support.
  • Corinna11
    Corinna11 Member Posts: 75
    Options

Dear Linda,
    Sorry for the

Dear Linda,
    Sorry for the news but it's great to see you can see have a sense of humor. I know you are a warrior and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Linda, Im so sorry about the
    Linda, Im so sorry about the news :( Please keep your wonderful attitude! I know this will pull you through in these tough times! I was also wondering if you had tried a wound vac? Manuka honey has also been shown to help wounds heal. Praying everything will turn out well!

Cory :)
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options

Dear Linda,
    Sorry for the

Dear Linda,
    Sorry for the news but it's great to see you can see have a sense of humor. I know you are a warrior and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Linda - so sorry the Xeloda
    Linda - so sorry the Xeloda failed you. It is really hit and
    miss sometimes, isn't it? But I am sending positive thoughts
    and prayers that the Taxol will be the one. My onc thinks the
    taxane drugs are power houses and I'm believing it for you.
    I too, have TNBC. I wish you the very best, Linda. God bless.

Luv & hugs, Teresa
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :(
    I hate this disease too...for what it is putting you through....nothing to say, I am speechless...do go for the port though, it is a good thing, and will make this a tad easier, and anything that does that, is a good thing.....love and hugs to you....you are amazing, and all the amazing women know it~
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    OOh Linda, I just hate this
    OOh Linda, I just hate this crap :( I really REALLY hate this "bleep bleep" disease also. It sounds like your doctor is on it as far as treatments go. I'm keeping you in my heart and in my prayers and sending all my good mojo and happy thoughts.
    xoxo
    heather
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    OOh Linda, I just hate this
    OOh Linda, I just hate this crap :( I really REALLY hate this "bleep bleep" disease also. It sounds like your doctor is on it as far as treatments go. I'm keeping you in my heart and in my prayers and sending all my good mojo and happy thoughts.
    xoxo
    heather
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    Options
    I am sorry
    Linda, I am sorry you have to go through this. Just know my prayers are with you.

Ballerina
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ballerina said:

I am sorry
    Linda, I am sorry you have to go through this. Just know my prayers are with you.

Ballerina

Very Sorry
    Linda, I am very sorry to hear this news! I can't imagine how disheartening this must be. Screw this stupid disease! Try your best to remain positive (you certainly haven't lost your sense of humor). The Taxol could be your silver bullet. I am pulling for you. Hang in there!

All the Best,
    Clementine
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Very Sorry
    Linda, I am very sorry to hear this news! I can't imagine how disheartening this must be. Screw this stupid disease! Try your best to remain positive (you certainly haven't lost your sense of humor). The Taxol could be your silver bullet. I am pulling for you. Hang in there!

All the Best,
    Clementine

Glad to hear the wound news
    Sending prayers for better news from the tests. Hoping the Taxol works. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} in the meantime. Fight like a girl! Kick butt!!!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Linda,
    Like everyone else, I HATE reading this. I am praying that the Taxol will knock this completely out! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Oh Linda, d**n! I hate
    Oh Linda, d**n! I hate cancer too. I am praying the taxol will kick it to the curb. As usual, your grace and aplomb are beyond amazing--you are such a special person. And I loved the unibomber story! I hope that I can someday visit--when I get back to California. (((Hugs!)))
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    Hi Linda -- I've been thinking of you and wondering how you were. So sorry this is happening to you. I will pray for the taxol to work so you get clear scans.

I'm glad you're healing OK. Hope this clears ASAP as well.

I love your spirit, and thank you for keeping us posted.

Sending you positive thoughts and hugs.
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Linda, sending you prayers
    Linda, sending you prayers and hugs. Hopefully the next treatment will do it's job!

Angela
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting
    Sounds like you are getting lots of prayers and I want to add my Prayer for you. God will not let you go through this alone. He is always there for us. So sorry for you at this time of year but no time of year is very good when going through with this *#*# cancer.

Big Hugs and Big Prayers,
    Diana
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    gagee said:

Sounds like you are getting
    Sounds like you are getting lots of prayers and I want to add my Prayer for you. God will not let you go through this alone. He is always there for us. So sorry for you at this time of year but no time of year is very good when going through with this *#*# cancer.

Big Hugs and Big Prayers,
    Diana

Positive thoughts and prayers
    Linda,
    Positive thoughts and prayers are coming to your way. Please stay positive and optimistic.Taxol is a very effective drug and hopefully will do the job.
    I have had port which was very beneficial. Since your have had your lymph nodes removed and lymphedema in your affected side, you cannot use that arm for infusion. It will be too much for another arm, especially if you had senteinial node dissection as well.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Sorry to hear the treatment
    Sorry to hear the treatment wasn't working. Cancer sucks! I wish you the best of luck with the new treatment. You should consider a port. I was so glad I had mine.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Cinkal said:

Sorry to hear the treatment
    Sorry to hear the treatment wasn't working. Cancer sucks! I wish you the best of luck with the new treatment. You should consider a port. I was so glad I had mine.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday!

Sending
    good thoughts your way.

This is very discouraging, but the next drug may work wonders.

xo
    Victoria
  • Ticky
    Ticky Member Posts: 117
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Sending
    good thoughts your way.

xo
    Victoria

Sorry to hear
    I am going to sign off and pray for you right now.

Hugs,

Ticky
  • Ticky
    Ticky Member Posts: 117
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Sending
    good thoughts your way.

xo
    Victoria

Sorry to hear

Hugs,

Ticky
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Ticky said:

Sorry to hear

Hugs,

Ticky

Dear Linda, I'm a little
    Dear Linda, I'm a little late but I just read your post and am so sorry to hear that your med isn't working. As others have posted, Taxol may be the right one for you. I still have my port and it has saved me a lot of bother. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping to hear better news soon. You are always so strong, such a cheerleader for others. Keep the faith!