Not the news I wanted

Options
2»

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    SENDING A BIG HUG TO YOU
    So sorry to hear this. You look so beautiful and positive Taiga, even if this is an older photo. Even in your words I hear hope and strength. But I know this can't be easy. Keep us informed. Till then, offering my thoughts and prayers.

Monika
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    mopar said:

SENDING A BIG HUG TO YOU
    So sorry to hear this. You look so beautiful and positive Taiga, even if this is an older photo. Even in your words I hear hope and strength. But I know this can't be easy. Keep us informed. Till then, offering my thoughts and prayers.

Monika

We're Here for You, Taiga
    And praying for you and your family!

Kelly
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    taiga said:

Met with the breast surgeon
    He feels 99% sure it is lobular cancer and hormone driven. Lobular doesn't respond to chemo which explains why it is there depsite my chemo last year and a year's worth of Avastin. Since I've been on Avastin, no surgery for 6-8 weeks, at least. In the meantime, will be put on a hormone blocker, hopefully will shrink the tumor (a little over 2cm). I'm having a MRI today on both breasts to see exactly how large the tumor is in the right breast and also make sure nothing is going on in the left breast. Lobular tends to have "fingers" that branch out. At this time, due to the size, location and type, a lumpectomy doesn't look like it will probably be an option, but we'll see in a couple months.

The other issue is that lobular is one of the few breast cancers that spread to the abdominal cavity (not what I wanted to hear) or the bones. I have had lots of problems with neck and back pain since the beginning of the year and have attributed all that to the Avastin. So I am getting PET/CT on Wednesday to check me out from head to toe. I'll keep you posted and ask that you keep my family in your prayers. You ALL are in mine - I love this board!

Dear Taiga,
    you are so beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about all that is on your plate right now. Glad to hear you are getting a PET/CT. Please keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers toay!!!

Warm hugs,
    Kathleen
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    taiga said:

He feels 99% sure it is lobular cancer and hormone driven. Lobular doesn't respond to chemo which explains why it is there depsite my chemo last year and a year's worth of Avastin. Since I've been on Avastin, no surgery for 6-8 weeks, at least. In the meantime, will be put on a hormone blocker, hopefully will shrink the tumor (a little over 2cm). I'm having a MRI today on both breasts to see exactly how large the tumor is in the right breast and also make sure nothing is going on in the left breast. Lobular tends to have "fingers" that branch out. At this time, due to the size, location and type, a lumpectomy doesn't look like it will probably be an option, but we'll see in a couple months.

The other issue is that lobular is one of the few breast cancers that spread to the abdominal cavity (not what I wanted to hear) or the bones. I have had lots of problems with neck and back pain since the beginning of the year and have attributed all that to the Avastin. So I am getting PET/CT on Wednesday to check me out from head to toe. I'll keep you posted and ask that you keep my family in your prayers. You ALL are in mine - I love this board!

Hormone-driven breast cancer
    Dear Taiga

Do you think you might have high estrogen levels despite your surgical menopause status? That might explain why you have unusually dense breasts for a woman of your age.

I am so sorry you have to deal with another cancer. I am sure the folks on the breast cancer discussion board are very supportive like here. They seem to be having more fun over there whereas we here tend to be more somber in general. Just an observation of mine. More of them are surviving longer I think...

(((hugs)))
  • djinco
    djinco Member Posts: 87
    Options
    So sorry
    I am very saddened by your most recent news of breast cancer. I will be following your journey and praying for you.
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Options
    Taiga
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way as you face this new battle....

Stay strong and keep fighting....

Keep us posted, Laurie
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    taiga said:

I'll be checking back
    to hear how your PET/CT scan went. Best of luck..... (((HUGS))) Maria