What's your craziest "chemo brain" moment?

Options
Friday I had to see my family dr. for renewal of my meds. The nurse was updating my chart. She said what year did you have your C-Section? I said May 18, of this year. She looked at me kinda funny and said this year? I said "yeah." Then I realized she had not asked about my hysterectomy. I finally figured it out and said "C-Section was Nov. 18, 1990. I can tell where my memory has gotten much worse since my last treatment 3 weeks ago. Might as well laugh at ourselves :)

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I was standing in line for
    I was standing in line for cheese and had a ticket which would be called. It was very crowded as it was near the holidays. As I was standing there, I was looking at the next number up (instead of my ticket), so when they called the next number I yelled "here"! My husband looked at me and so did all the people in front of me and then I realzed that my ticket was still 10 numbers to go!
  • txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Knowing the words but they come out wrong
    I do contracts for telecom services in Iraq for the military. With the drawdown of troops, most companies are leaving but there will be a few enduring locations. I wrote up a paper to validate why our contractors needed to stay at the enDEARing locations. I also called one of the Camps locations Camp Dryer instead of Camp Dwyer. The people I work with will not let it go. ;) I just give the excuse of Chemo Brain. trish
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options

Knowing the words but they come out wrong
    I do contracts for telecom services in Iraq for the military. With the drawdown of troops, most companies are leaving but there will be a few enduring locations. I wrote up a paper to validate why our contractors needed to stay at the enDEARing locations. I also called one of the Camps locations Camp Dryer instead of Camp Dwyer. The people I work with will not let it go. ;) I just give the excuse of Chemo Brain. trish

Yesterday I was driving my
    Yesterday I was driving my 18 years old grandson from college to home and we had some-kind of conversation. I stoped by four way stop sign, continue talk to my grandson. No cars was around. After awhile my grandson ask me: "Grandma, are you waiting for a four way stop sign to turn green?" He had such cute smile on his faice. And I realise, I have another chemo brain accident! :).
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    zinaida said:

Yesterday I was driving my
    Yesterday I was driving my 18 years old grandson from college to home and we had some-kind of conversation. I stoped by four way stop sign, continue talk to my grandson. No cars was around. After awhile my grandson ask me: "Grandma, are you waiting for a four way stop sign to turn green?" He had such cute smile on his faice. And I realise, I have another chemo brain accident! :).

forgot the baked beans
    I was bringing to July 4th picnic. Made and ready to go in the fridge and left home without them So we had beans for a week'''val
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

forgot the baked beans
    I was bringing to July 4th picnic. Made and ready to go in the fridge and left home without them So we had beans for a week'''val

Sunday was my son's birthday
    Sunday was my son's birthday and I planned to bake a chocolate cake using the mix I had in the cupboard. I decided to add chocolate chips. I looked online and found a recipe which included adding a box of chocolate pudding and sour cream. I thought this would make a great cake. I put all the ingredients into the bowl and then looked at the box to see how long to mix it. It said fifty strokes by hand. I was puzzled until I turned the box around. It was the brownie mix that was also in the cupboard. I was so mad but knew it would at least taste good. I decided not to frost it and I had also planned to write happy birthday on it. I 'fessed up as we gathered to sing happy birthday. My son said he wondered why I made brownies. I served it with ice cream and it was delicious!

On Tuesday I was going to wash some throw rugs. I picked them up and went to the garage and caught myself putting them into the dryer.

Today a friend stopped by as I was making my egg sandwich for breakfast. She asked me a question as I reached for the pepper shaker. I sprinkled the pepper and told her I cannot sprinkle pepper and talk at the same time. It's weird but so true.

I started to ask my gyn/onc how long I can blame chemo brain for these types of incidents but he got a page and we didn't get back to the topic. It's been 14 months since I had chemo and I am wondering if this is part of the new me. Oh well it could be a lot worse.

Karen