Update.. My Moms results

Options
2»

Comments

• Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Is it immediately yet?
    Dawn - Did your mom get the scan yet? And results, of course. Sending hugs and prayers that everything turns out ok.

Suzanne

Abdominal Ct Scan
    My mom will have the "immediate" scan this Monday at 8:00 in the morning. I so wish my mom would see a dr at the hospital that I go to. But her insurance won't pay at the hospital I go to. It's just a mess & I'm frustrated. This is my mothers health they are dealing with. My mom is very young & quite capable of fighting for her rights, but I know she's scared & doesn't want to make her dr mad. I'm past that & feel like she needs a new dr & if it were up to me she would get one. As her daughter, I know that way this dr has behaved is wrong & as a nurse I want to be her advocate & fight for her but she won't let me. I just don't understand how a physician could let a CT scan result especially one that the radiologist recommends an immediate scan go for 13 days & then tell their pt " well I looked at it & didn't see anything wrong, oops I didn't see that he recommends an immediate scan". Then wait another week for the immediate scan. It's very scary. & needless to say frustrating.

As soon as we get the results from this scan I'll post to let y'all know. Thank you for your continued prayers, my family & I appreciate them.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Abdominal Ct Scan
    My mom will have the "immediate" scan this Monday at 8:00 in the morning. I so wish my mom would see a dr at the hospital that I go to. But her insurance won't pay at the hospital I go to. It's just a mess & I'm frustrated. This is my mothers health they are dealing with. My mom is very young & quite capable of fighting for her rights, but I know she's scared & doesn't want to make her dr mad. I'm past that & feel like she needs a new dr & if it were up to me she would get one. As her daughter, I know that way this dr has behaved is wrong & as a nurse I want to be her advocate & fight for her but she won't let me. I just don't understand how a physician could let a CT scan result especially one that the radiologist recommends an immediate scan go for 13 days & then tell their pt " well I looked at it & didn't see anything wrong, oops I didn't see that he recommends an immediate scan". Then wait another week for the immediate scan. It's very scary. & needless to say frustrating.

As soon as we get the results from this scan I'll post to let y'all know. Thank you for your continued prayers, my family & I appreciate them.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Dawne I totally understand
    Dawne I totally understand how you feel about your mom getting another doctor. I had to but it was my second time.I thought it would never happen again.It did.I had non invasive and Stage 0 DCIS so I decided to stay after one long wait for a biopsy the first time.Well it happened again.I have tove on this time.I took one to many risks. It is very upsetting on this decision. It brings tears to my eyes now.I know how your mom feels.It's hard changing doctors but with me I MUST. This might not be the last time a delayed treatment or test could get done for your mom. Let her know it can happen again.

With me the first time I thought it must not be anything to worry about.Breast Center though was sending me letters every week.They wanted me to get a order from my doctor.I tried.
    I am almost 2 1/2 years into my dx but I've been having benign tumors which puts a strain on me even though they are benign.

I read other stories about people waiting a year before the doctor thinks to do testing.It happened to a young mother.Now she is not sure of her future.

Wishing the best for you and your mom.

Lynn Smith
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Abdominal Ct Scan

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

I will be saying a prayer
    I will be saying a prayer for your Mom Dawne on Monday. I wish she could go to your hospital also, as, it just isn't right that she has already waited so long.

Post an update when you can.

Hugs, Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Angie2U said:

I will be saying a prayer
    I will be saying a prayer for your Mom Dawne on Monday. I wish she could go to your hospital also, as, it just isn't right that she has already waited so long.

Post an update when you can.

Hugs, Angie

Praying for your Mom
    I hope your Mom's scan will bring good news tomorrow Dawne. Will she get her results right away? Thanks for updating us.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣