UPDATE - please help --- Triple Negative bc Questions for a Friend

Options
2»

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options

Please help
    Ok...so as you know my friend was dx and the dr. suspected it was triple negative. But she has been waiting for a long time for her pathology report, and so far they can't confirm where the cancer is coming from - they think its not the primary. :( This is difficult to grasp and she is a total mess. Has anyone experienced this where you had a lump in the breast and it wasn't the primary cancer? They did a PET and it was clean, but they are certain it isn't the primary (it is not breast cancer). Maybe she needs several tests of the body not just PET? Any feedback would be appreciated!

And please pray for my friend...she's only 34 and has 3 kids.

Thank you.

Unknown Primary
    I had a difficult diagnosis, also. No tumors/masses/lumps were EVER found in my breast tissue but 2 of 22 axillary lymph nodes had cancer cells. The lymph nodes were the only thing(s) that "lit up" on the PET/CT scan. The pathology lab had a very difficult time determining just what kind of cancer cells they were. Finally my oncologist had the sample sent to PATHWORK DIAGNOSTICS. They performed a Tissue of Origin Test. They are the only lab in the U.S. to perform this particular test. This is now done when the tumor's primary site of origin is difficult to identify. You can go to their website to read more about it: www.pathworkdx.com

Pathwork was able to determine with just about complete certainty that I did not have lymphoma or squamous cell carcinoma but a garden variety triple negative BREAST cancer. It made all the difference in my treatment plan. Please relay this information to your friend and her doctor. I wish her the best of luck.

IRENE
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Unknown Primary
    I had a difficult diagnosis, also. No tumors/masses/lumps were EVER found in my breast tissue but 2 of 22 axillary lymph nodes had cancer cells. The lymph nodes were the only thing(s) that "lit up" on the PET/CT scan. The pathology lab had a very difficult time determining just what kind of cancer cells they were. Finally my oncologist had the sample sent to PATHWORK DIAGNOSTICS. They performed a Tissue of Origin Test. They are the only lab in the U.S. to perform this particular test. This is now done when the tumor's primary site of origin is difficult to identify. You can go to their website to read more about it: www.pathworkdx.com

Pathwork was able to determine with just about complete certainty that I did not have lymphoma or squamous cell carcinoma but a garden variety triple negative BREAST cancer. It made all the difference in my treatment plan. Please relay this information to your friend and her doctor. I wish her the best of luck.

IRENE

I don't know except that
    I don't know except that Irene has given some good information on this. I hope they can find the primary. I've never heard of this.

Prayers to your friend,

Debby
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

Unknown Primary

IRENE

Thank you!
    Irene, thank you so much for your feedback. I will forward all of this information to her.

And thank you ALL for your prayers. I will keep you updated.

Hugs
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Thank you!
    Irene, thank you so much for your feedback. I will forward all of this information to her.

And thank you ALL for your prayers. I will keep you updated.

Hugs

I will be praying for your
    I will be praying for your friend! You are a good friend to her!

Hugs, Angie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

I will be praying for your
    I will be praying for your friend! You are a good friend to her!

Hugs, Angie

Your friend has my prayers
    Your friend has my prayers too and I am sending you some also as I know you're having health problems now.

Hugs, Leeza