OT: Anybody watching Once Upon a Time?

TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
Anyone else here watching the new show Once Upon a Time? It's on Sundays at 8:00, on ABC, and has become our family's new addiction.

It's about a town in present-day Maine where all the residents are fairy-tale characters, but don't know it, because of a curse put on them by the Wicked Queen (who, naturally, is the town's mayor). But this definitely ain't no Disney show -- it's got a dark edge to it and lots of special effects, which our teenage kids like, so it's something we can all watch together. Our 17-year-old daughter loves it, and even our 13-year-old son is now hooked, after initially declaring that it sounded like something "for girls."

Half the fun of the show is trying to guess who all the town residents "really" are (they've only told us a few so far) -- is the sherriff the Huntsman from Snow White, or the Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood? They've given us clues in both directions. And "Dr. Whale" must be from Pinocchio, but who?

Anyone else having as much fun with this show as we are?

Traci

Comments

• AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Yes
    Traci,
    I love this show. It is an interesting take on the classics. I can't wait to watch it tonight.

Janie
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    We are, too
    I really like it, very interesting. We also started watching 'Grimm' - totally different, but kinda fun.

Sue
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    The 10th Kingdom
    Traci, I will have to check this out now thanks!

If you haven't already, you should check out The 10th Kingdom. It was a mini series so it takes a couple days to watch but I thought it was great.

Cindy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    mamolady said:

The 10th Kingdom
    Traci, I will have to check this out now thanks!

If you haven't already, you should check out The 10th Kingdom. It was a mini series so it takes a couple days to watch but I thought it was great.

Cindy

Added to my Netflix queue as we speak!
    Cindy, I don't remember The 10th Kingdom at all from when it must have aired back in 2000, but it sounds really good, especially now that my brain is totally in fairy-tale mode, trying to remember all the details of the various stories. Thanks for the recommendation!

Traci
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Added to my Netflix queue as we speak!
    Cindy, I don't remember The 10th Kingdom at all from when it must have aired back in 2000, but it sounds really good, especially now that my brain is totally in fairy-tale mode, trying to remember all the details of the various stories. Thanks for the recommendation!

Traci

I love it too. We also like
    I love it too. We also like Grimm. Katherine likes American Horror Story but that one gives me nightmares!
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485

I love it too. We also like
    I love it too. We also like Grimm. Katherine likes American Horror Story but that one gives me nightmares!

We've been watching it also!
    We've been watching it also! Very creative!! I just recorded Grimm after several friends said how good it was. Haven't watched it yet. It's filmed in Portland. My home town!!