It's That Time of Year again, Kindreds "Old" and New~sign up for the Ornament Exchange!!!!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
As most of you know, I have been doing an Ornament Exchange here on the boards ( I first started the exchange in the chatroom) for 5 or 6 years now. To those new here~ it is a loving, meaningful way to connect even further with the sisters here ~ in ways that will surprisingly touch you. It doesn't matter AT ALL of you are a religious person or not, it doesn't matter if you celebrate or not, this is not a religious exchange per-se~ just a seasonal one! We have sent each other ornaments of teddy bears, or those in the shape of the state we live in, or winter scenes~ absolutely ANYTHING which shows the love and connection we feel for the Kindreds here on the boards.
I am in the midst of chemotherapy this holiday season, and though I admit it absolutely breaks my haert not to be able to devote the time to facilitate the exchange this year, lovingly Jean0609 has offered to take my place ( this year only LOL) so that the exchange can indeed go on!
I realize it flies in the face of everything we tell our children about giving our private information to "strangers"~ but it is such a loving experience that everyone who has ever participated in it has been enriched beyond words.
So, all who want to join in~ time's a wasting!!!! Send a Private Message to Jean0609 with your name and mailing address and she will assign you a Secret Santa!
I hate and abhor cancer just as much as all of you do~ and that it is robbing me of this exchange this year is so terribly difficult for me. But the importance of the exchange, coupled with the loving outreach of Jean and the Kindreds, truly makes this so much easier on my wounded phyche! And, to those who have asked about me and if there was even going to be an exchange this year...thank you! Yes, I mean you, Rague! LOL I love that you have wondered about me, and that the 2011 exchange will go on! Join in, everyone!!!!! And you new ones~ you will LOVE it!
Hugs and Happy Ornament Shopping!
Chen♥

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Chen, it's so good to see
    Chen, it's so good to see you posting. I hope that is a sign that you are feeling somewhat better. Sending hope to you that this chemo trial is just the one for you and it kicks this cancer back into remission for many, many years, or forever would be awesome!!

This will be my third year participating in the ornament exchange and I want to encourage everyone to take part. Like you said, it is an amazing way to connect with our sisters in pink, and brothers, too. I have some lovely ornaments that I can't wait to put out this year.

Happy shopping!! (((Hugs)))
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thank you, dear chenheart!
    And for all.....Jean 0609 has a space between name and numbers...

Hugs, Kathi
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Lovely!
    I have seen a post about this and wanted to participate. I think this is a nice thought for the holidays. I will participate!

And great to see you post Chen! Love your energy.
  • chenheart

Lovely!
    I have seen a post about this and wanted to participate. I think this is a nice thought for the holidays. I will participate!

And great to see you post Chen! Love your energy.

Thanks Kathi for the
    Thanks Kathi for the correction on Jean 0609! And thanks to all who are signing up for this fun, yearly event! The nice words from all of you are really touching my heart~ I don't know what I would do without you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    chenheart said:

Thanks Kathi for the
    Thanks Kathi for the correction on Jean 0609! And thanks to all who are signing up for this fun, yearly event! The nice words from all of you are really touching my heart~ I don't know what I would do without you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good to hear from you!
    I came on board too late to get in on this last year but keep hearing about it and am really looking forward to it this year. Thanks for starting this lovely tradition. You continue in prayers!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Last year was my first year
    Last year was my first year and it was so much fun. I still have my beautiful ornament and I love it to death! Thank you so much for being our Santa Chen and thanks to Jean for taking the reins this year. Love you both!!!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Last year was my first year
    Last year was my first year and it was so much fun. I still have my beautiful ornament and I love it to death! Thank you so much for being our Santa Chen and thanks to Jean for taking the reins this year. Love you both!!!

Sending...
    Good vibes to you Chen....hope the chemo goes easy on you...wish you could take the oral chemo like I'm on....tolerating it very well...We thank Jean for taking this on and looking forward to you're getting your "job" back this time next year!!!!
    Wishing you better days......

Great , Great, big 'ole hugs to you....
    Nancy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    What a relief!
    I know you'd prefer to handle the Ornament Exchange again this season, dear Chen. But, I'm very relieved - for your sake! - that Jean has so kindly offered to (temporarily) "fill in" for you. You've got lots on your plate at the moment. Much better to focus your time & energy otherwise; i.e., for yourself!

Hugs (of HOPE, always!) backatcha!

Love, 12/25
  • chenheart

What a relief!
    I know you'd prefer to handle the Ornament Exchange again this season, dear Chen. But, I'm very relieved - for your sake! - that Jean has so kindly offered to (temporarily) "fill in" for you. You've got lots on your plate at the moment. Much better to focus your time & energy otherwise; i.e., for yourself!

Hugs (of HOPE, always!) backatcha!

Love, 12/25

Thanks, 12! I know Jean will
    Thanks, 12! I know Jean will do a fabulous job pairing up the Secret Santas~ and all who participate will be filled with child like wonder~with through chosing for your special ornament, and waiting to receive yours in the mail! Fun, fun, fun!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    chenheart said:

Thanks, 12! I know Jean will
    Thanks, 12! I know Jean will do a fabulous job pairing up the Secret Santas~ and all who participate will be filled with child like wonder~with through chosing for your special ornament, and waiting to receive yours in the mail! Fun, fun, fun!

Hummingbird ... Your Strength, and Love for us all
    never stops .. You simply amaze me beyond words.

Continued prayers, positive vibes and Love to you .. Chen.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    VickiSam said:

Hummingbird ... Your Strength, and Love for us all
    never stops .. You simply amaze me beyond words.

Continued prayers, positive vibes and Love to you .. Chen.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Thank you, sweet Vicki! I
    Thank you, sweet Vicki! I actually needed to hear this today~ I woke up with my hair coming out in clumps...I know it's "only hair", and it will come back, but today is not a good day for me emotionally speaking. Thankfully, I have a friend who owns a salon and she immediately made time for me to have my head shaved this afternoon. I am not generally a wig person, especially as the last time I went through this it was summertime, but with the freezing temps I am glad that she is also going to style my wig for me. But I am not liking today very much!

This hummingbird is still flying!!!! Thank you for your sweet words! I love you, and hope you, your husband and daughter are doing well, too. Happy holidays to you, VickiSam!