Very exciting stuff - Nano Technology

bluerose
bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
edited November 2011 in Emotional Support #1
I mentioned this Nano field recently in another post but it's starting to appear all over the news now as a breakthrough in the treatment of certain cancers. Basically it is designed to go straight to the tumours and kill the tumours and not hurt any other tissue around it. Sounds like a good plan to me. You guys should read up on it, it's very exciting, I think. Will no doubt do away, for the most part, with disabling side effects from treatments that so many of us share now. Very, very exciting. Of course it's not available yet to the masses but hopefully it won't be long if all continues to go well.

I was going to put up links to the Nano sites but there are too many so just Google 'Nano technology and cancer' and lots will come up for you to read.

WE ARE GETTING THERE FOLKS !!!!!

Blessings,

Bluerose

Comments

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Thanks
    Thanks for sharing.

I've thought for a long time the next major breakthroughs
    in medicine are going to come from genetics and nano-techology.

Both offer great hope for several diseases.
    I'm reminded of the Star Trek movie where "Bones" (doctor) gives
    the woman a pill that grows her a new kidney. We're not there yet
    but I think it will happen :).

Hugs,

Jim
  • bluerose
    jimwins said:

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing.

I've thought for a long time the next major breakthroughs
    in medicine are going to come from genetics and nano-techology.

Both offer great hope for several diseases.
    I'm reminded of the Star Trek movie where "Bones" (doctor) gives
    the woman a pill that grows her a new kidney. We're not there yet
    but I think it will happen :).

Hugs,

Jim

Then add stem cells to the equation
    Nano technology plus the regenerative properties of stem cells reconstructing damaged tissue is pretty derned exciting I think. I have always credited my longevity after my bone marrow transplant to the stem cell part of my treatments. I had partial stem cell treatments as when I was treated stem cell treatments were just starting to be tried on lymphoma patients. Prior to that only leukemia patients received stem cells.

All the best,

Bluerose
  • bluerose
    bluerose said:

Then add stem cells to the equation
    Nano technology plus the regenerative properties of stem cells reconstructing damaged tissue is pretty derned exciting I think. I have always credited my longevity after my bone marrow transplant to the stem cell part of my treatments. I had partial stem cell treatments as when I was treated stem cell treatments were just starting to be tried on lymphoma patients. Prior to that only leukemia patients received stem cells.

All the best,

Bluerose

Listen to your wife now, lol
    Mr. Davis is a chemical engineer who is driving the concept of a nano delivery system of drugs to the tumours. This idea came to him after his wife, who was going through regular chemo for breast cancer asked him to do something about the way chemo is administered today and sent him to investigate it all and come up with something better. So he did. lol. Listen to your wives now men. lol.

You can read about how he shows that his ideas can produce a better delivery system for patients, one that is not as damaging - targeting only the tumours.

This is the site:

http://liambean.hubpages.com/hub/How-nano-technology-may-be-applied-to-medicine

It's a great story and explains how he is working with this concept and it sure sounds promising to me.

Blessings,

Bluerose