Good news - not so good news

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
The good news is that the podiatrist gave me the option of going and getting a mold done and then special shoes - My reply was IF I need it Yes but I don't really think I need it. His reply was that was what he thought I'd say and he didn't think I needed it BUT if in the future I think I do, call him and he'll put in for the mold to be done and the shoes.

Eye appt. which I thought was just going to be a new pair of glasses wasn't that "easy". I'm developing cataracts - not unusual with TXs. So he put in for me to see the Eye Surgeon. It'll be a few days before I know when that appt will be.

Like I say - I'm alive and can do basically anything I want to 2+ yrs since DX'd IBC so I'll deal with it.

Hey - it's life and I'm alive so that's all that matters.

Susan

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Orthotics? and those Cataracts
    Do you mean orthotics? I wear one on the foot that doesn't need a brace. They make walking a lot easier on those of us with foot issues.

Cataracts surgery is a walk in the park after breast cancer. I had mine done 3 months apart due to my uveitis. My lens clouded up after the surgeries. Both eye's needed to be laser. Now I have great eye sight.

I use to compare my vision to a Monet painting. Then I looked up Claude Monet's life to see if he had cataracts and indeed he did. That might be why his paintings are all fuzzy. I do know he did have cataract surgery that was not successful but that was in the 1920's.

It's a simple out patient surgery, you wear a patch and then use an eye drop, Pred Forte for several weeks.

Then you are fine.

Best,

Doris
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm sorry to hear about the
    I'm sorry to hear about the cataracts...just another gift. For me, it's reassuring that so much progress has been made in the eye surgery arena in the last 10 years or so. I hope that helps you get through this.

It sounds like you are continuing to tolerate the foot issues too...and keep focusing on that positive so you can continue to hang around and do what you want.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I'm sorry to hear about the
    I'm sorry to hear about the cataracts...just another gift. For me, it's reassuring that so much progress has been made in the eye surgery arena in the last 10 years or so. I hope that helps you get through this.

It sounds like you are continuing to tolerate the foot issues too...and keep focusing on that positive so you can continue to hang around and do what you want.

Hugs,

Linda

I'm really sorry too Susan
    I'm really sorry too Susan to read about the cataracts. I pray that your surgery will be successful.

Hugs, Angie