Bottom Feeders coming

Hey guys, I have been gone for a while trying to get back in the swing of things. I am just now going through all the Explaination of Benefits from insurance. I had been paying a little a month on each hospital bill. Paid off all the different doctors. Well I guess that was not good enough the 100,000 that my insurance paid. There is a bottom feeder lawyer who owns a collection agency and he wants the other 2,000 from me. He said the small amount I was paying was not enough. Times are hard enough and now this. I know I need to put this in God's hands.

Love to All,
Rhonda

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    So sorry Rhonda. It is so
    So sorry Rhonda. It is so horrible that with all that we go thru, that we still have to worry about someone wanting their money now.

I will pray for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

So sorry Rhonda. It is so
    So sorry Rhonda. It is so horrible that with all that we go thru, that we still have to worry about someone wanting their money now.

I will pray for you.

Hugs, Jan

Bottom feeders .. is a correct term
    .. however, it is a business --

I will keep you and your family in my prayers -- including a unforeseen money windfall.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Rhonda
    I know what you're

Rhonda
    I know what you're talking about. They are out there. Now, I have a sister in law who works in the billing department of a major hospital and she told me that as long as you are paying something, even a dollar a month, they really have no case against you because you are showing good faith since you are paying something. I have one person who wants all his money up front also and wasn't satisfied with my $30 payment. Told me it was unacceptable. Told him that's all he's getting because you can't get blood out of a stone! They really can't do anything against you since even if it goes to collections any form of medical bills do NOT go on your credit history! Plus, after 3 years they can no longer collect from you. This is what I was told and have found it true many times. Soo good luck and don't let this man stress you out. He will get his some day!!

Angela
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Rhonda
    I am still paying $30 a month to the hospital, and as new charges come up, they just keep adding it to the end, so it looks like it is the eternal bill. But I was told as long as I don't miss a payment, this will suffice!
    Maybe you can see if either your onco's office or the hospital has a patient advocate who can help with this issue.

Good luck to you.
    Carol
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    This is awful Rhonda. I

This is awful Rhonda. I managed to come to an agreement with the clinic I go to, to pay off a little each month however they screwed up and sent my entire bill of a couple of thousand to the collection agency who wanted the money upfront or setup up a payment plan with 23% interest! Aaaargh! It was stressful but fortunately, I opened a credit card that gave me 18 months interest free. My monthly payments ended up being more than I wanted and has made things even more tight. It is difficult enough with going through an incredibly expensive treatment and then have to deal with the 'bottom feeders' which is a very good description.

I really hope things work out and as we always say 'n'shallah' God willing. There is only so much we can do.

take care