Treatment is done!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• robertjuy
    robertjuy Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Happy for you
    I'm really glad that you finished your treatment. That mask freaks me out. Looks like a 3d model of my wife with an overbite.
  • BrianKrashpad
    BrianKrashpad Member Posts: 188
    Options
    robertjuy said:

Happy for you
    I'm really glad that you finished your treatment. That mask freaks me out. Looks like a 3d model of my wife with an overbite.

Congrats! I kept my mask
    Congrats! I kept my mask too. You earned it!

Be well.
  • Husker Fan
    Husker Fan Member Posts: 65
    Options

Question and congrats!
    I am about 6 weeks behind you. I also had the robotic surgery and neck dissection (both sides) in St. Louis. Only had one involved lymph node out of 32. I am curious if you had radiation to the primary site and the neck area, or only to the neck area. My surgeon and oncologist disagree as to how many sites to radiate, which is causing my radiation start date to be delayed. Congrats to you...I know you must be thrilled that you are done.

Left side Zapped
    Mine was left base of tongue, left tonsil and left Lymph Node. The radiation was done to my left side, starting directly behind be to 7 positions. If you can imagine the top of my head as a clock, nose being 12; the shot from approximately 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 1:30, then back to 12:30. The left side of my neck is burnt, but the right jaw and back of head are missing hair.

Here is a video of my treatment, you will need to cut and paste it into your browser, as I don't know how to link it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kucKeYSoXs

In my opinion, your worst is behind you, anyway my TORS was the worst, the radiation and neck dissection come in as a tie as far as pain/troubles.

The most important part is to keep the calories going in!
  • robertjuy
    robertjuy Member Posts: 45
    Options
    mask plans
    After all the treatment is done and we're all clear, we plan on taking up target shooting. or reenact the scene in "Office Space" the mask will play the part of the paper jammin copier.
  • Husker Fan
    Husker Fan Member Posts: 65
    Options
    robertjuy said:

mask plans
    After all the treatment is done and we're all clear, we plan on taking up target shooting. or reenact the scene in "Office Space" the mask will play the part of the paper jammin copier.

Now that's funny
    I have had a lot of people ask about it, so a few have actually tried it on. They don't heally get the true feeling unlies you put some towels behind there head so it smadhes against there cheeks, nose and eyes. Then they freak! LOL

I have moved it ot the garage thogh, no need to sit here and look at it non-stop.

Here's to the mask and technology (that God gave us) That saved our lives!!!

David
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

Now that's funny
    I have had a lot of people ask about it, so a few have actually tried it on. They don't heally get the true feeling unlies you put some towels behind there head so it smadhes against there cheeks, nose and eyes. Then they freak! LOL

I have moved it ot the garage thogh, no need to sit here and look at it non-stop.

Here's to the mask and technology (that God gave us) That saved our lives!!!

David

Mask
    I've goten to the point that the mask doesn't bother me, one thing I won't miss though when I'm finally done is the sound of the mask being bolted to to the table. After that sound I know it's only 10 minutes till I'm done. Funny the things we think of. As for keeping the mask , I've decided to put it in a shadow box, strange art,not sure where it will hang, maybe the garage, who knows.

Linda
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you survived the treatment!
    Now let the healing begin. I considered keeping the mask... however, placing it behind the rear wheels of my car and backing over it created a lot more joy than any amount of conversation about it ever could.

Deb
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Mask
    I've goten to the point that the mask doesn't bother me, one thing I won't miss though when I'm finally done is the sound of the mask being bolted to to the table. After that sound I know it's only 10 minutes till I'm done. Funny the things we think of. As for keeping the mask , I've decided to put it in a shadow box, strange art,not sure where it will hang, maybe the garage, who knows.

Linda

Mask
    I have both mask from both of my rad treatments, Why I keep them I don’t really know. Maybe because they were a time in my life that I know Jesus had to carry me. When I look back at that part of my life I only see one set of foot prints in the sand and the foot prints are not mine.

Hondo