talk BC too much

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I rarely complain but I was told the other day that BC must really bother me since I mention it so often! I never realized I did bring it up ...much...but I"LL keep note of it! I am not trying to bring anyone down. I thought I talked of it in positvie manner.

I DONT" COMPLAIN but will say OH with Lop sided boobs things like that.

My 19 yr old had no clue what I went through even with just trying to get IV started (she was there for hysterectomy 6mths ago & stayed with me 24/7 for 5 days) she said I didn't know how much you went through etc...I said I DID NOT want to burden you! she was only 15-16 yrs old...

Denise

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    If getting married was the
    If getting married was the most important thing in our lives right now, that would be talked about, or if we get a new car, divorced. The difference is that cancer is at the forefront of our existence right now, so naturally that is what we talk about.

And your daughter is right. Most people have no clue what we go thru, because most of only venture out on the good days, and don't complain much on the bad cuz it takes too much energy and we try to stay positive.

My response has been hopefully they will never have to experience this first hand. If they can't hear about it, how will they be able to get through it.

Don't let it get to you!
    Carol
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    camul said:

If getting married was the
    If getting married was the most important thing in our lives right now, that would be talked about, or if we get a new car, divorced. The difference is that cancer is at the forefront of our existence right now, so naturally that is what we talk about.

And your daughter is right. Most people have no clue what we go thru, because most of only venture out on the good days, and don't complain much on the bad cuz it takes too much energy and we try to stay positive.

My response has been hopefully they will never have to experience this first hand. If they can't hear about it, how will they be able to get through it.

Don't let it get to you!
    Carol

Dont' get me wrong she was
    Dont' get me wrong she was not being mean about it...she just said I SHOULD Have been there for you (YOU wouldn't let me miss school) and acted like NO big deal. After watching pre surgery craziness in May and then 2 ER visits post surgery! She said you acted like radiation no big deal. (she heard me once saying how I had the form fitted to my body, swipe in and out daily, tattoos and prior I just said radiation daily) SHe was not complaining but saying I DIN"T KNOW HOW MUCH YOU actually went through since you acted low key.

Thanks for listening...aka reading..(and replying)

Denise
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    It can never be too much
    Hi Denise, you can never talk about bc too much that's why you have pink sisters however, our family and friends try to understand but how can they really. I was low key at first but after everything was over, I began to express my feelings more. At first, my family and friends would listen and say positive things but now, I can see in their expressions and feel they are getting tired. My teenage son never wants to talk about it so I only talk to my husband now. That is one of the reasons I joined the support group. All of my pink sisters are so encouraging and positive. Since I've joined the support group, your experiences and expressions have always been encouraging, informative, and humorous. Talk to us as much as you want.

Ballerina
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    funny...
    I've been told the same thing, that I talk about it too much. I have a friend off forum, my age (33) who I talk to about c whenever I feel like venting. She does the same. Her hubby doesn't like to hear about it, it scares him. And I understand. So she talks to me about it and her mom who is a bc "survivor", twice (one from mets to liver!). It got to the point where I suggested we start our own television show called "cancer talk". she laughed at the idea, but hey you never know, right?

My opinion? This is a huge event is our lives. Of course we will talk about it. And if anyone doesn’t want to listen, that’s OK too. This is not for everyone, unless they too go through it.

We’re always here to listen though.