Hi Pinks, Sorry for taking so long to update :(

Options

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

So Happy to See Your Post!
    Dear Kari –

I was happy to see your post! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. But sounds like that won’t stop you from having a wonderful time in January. You deserve it and should pursue it. I hope your spirit gets lifted and you start feeling better soon. I can’t imagine how hard this must be, but you’re doing it. And you keep on doing it sister! We miss you and always think of you.

I’m sorry for the news about the other issues starting to develop. Getting a second opinion is always smart when your guts scream for it. I support you on that one. May you hear only good news moving forward.

We’ll continue to pray and wish you well.

Thank you for taking the energy and time to let us know how you’re doing.

To see you posting has made
    To see you posting has made my day Kari! I realize that you are having a hard time on chemo, and, don't feel like updating us, but, you must know how loved and concerned we are for you.

Cancun, here you come and have a great time!

HUGS!
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

To see you posting has made
    To see you posting has made my day Kari! I realize that you are having a hard time on chemo, and, don't feel like updating us, but, you must know how loved and concerned we are for you.

Cancun, here you come and have a great time!

HUGS!

Good to hear from you!
    Sending prayers. It's been a rough haul but Cancun sounds like a wonderful treat.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    MAJW said:

Kari...
    Hang in there, sister! Then again what choice do we have? .....I'm dealing with a recurrence and holding my breath as I have scans on Nov. 28. To see if the Xelda is working....it was good to hear from you....I hope you have a fabulous time in Cancun!....it's a beautiful place...just be careful there...and..DON'T EAT ANYTHING from street vendors!!!!!!!! No matter how tempting it is....we were strongly advised of this....and drink only bottled water, even to brush your teeth.... Be extra careful when leaving the compound of your hotel....it's sad but true, there is a lot of crime....The water in Cancun is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen! and there's some great retail therapy there!

Wishing you a fabulous time and praying for better days for you...
    Keep us posted...you know how much we care...
    Hugs,Nancy

You and Laurissa are always
    You and Laurissa are always on all of our minds Kari. You both have had it so rough and I know that you both are suffering with your chemo treatment.

You will love Cancun! I am so happy that you get this chance to go.

Stay strong Kari and know that I am sending lots of prayers for you,

Megan

I forgot to add for you to post pics of your trip! We love pics here!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Hi sweet sister, Kari. I
    Hi sweet sister, Kari. I look for a post from you everytime I log on. I'm so happy to see you posting and sorry at the same time that the chemo is so rough on you. Your trip to Cancun sounds wonderful and well deserved. I'm hoping and praying that your health improves for you to thoroughly enjoy this special time with your children. Post when you are able and please know that we all think of you very often!!

Laurissa, if you read this, I also look for updates on you. Post when you can.

Take care ladies and I'm sending you both (((hugs))) and love.

How are you doing Debbie? I
    How are you doing Debbie? I might have missed an update from you and want you to know that you are in my prayers also.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Hi Kari. Sorry that the
    Hi Kari. Sorry that the chemo is taking such a toll on your body. But am very happy that you booked a vaca for you and your kids. I did that last January to CA and it was really a bonding beautiful vaca even if it was a little cold!
    Now they are thinking that we should do it again, but haven't decided where to go. Just warm is good enough for all of us!
    I do hope that with just the gem it will be better. I am taking a break from the chemo until I have the tests run again in December. With the chemo it had gotten to where I was sick or sleeping most of the time. I did not have the energy to move, and it was affecting my brain.
    To see what was really going on after my last pet scan, my onco followed it up with a bone scan which clarified where the active tumors actually are.

Hugs, prayers and good wishes are with you and your family.
    Carol

Kari, praying for you! And,
    Kari, praying for you! And, wishing you a wonderful time in Cancun!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Good to hear from you!
    Sending prayers. It's been a rough haul but Cancun sounds like a wonderful treat.

So glad to hear from you, Kari
    You are one tough cookie for sure. Hang in there with the treatment and look forward to your trip with your wonderful children in January. Sending tons of prayers and positive energy your way each and every day.

Hugs, Renee
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Good to hear from you!

Our thoughts and prayers are
    Our thoughts and prayers are always of you Kari. We all love you!

To go to Cancun will be amazing! It is a beautiful place.

Keep posting and sending lots of prayers,

Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Our thoughts and prayers are
    Our thoughts and prayers are always of you Kari. We all love you!

To go to Cancun will be amazing! It is a beautiful place.

Keep posting and sending lots of prayers,

Kylez

Our dear - sweet Kari!! so wonderful
    that you fighting -- and taking that trip with your children soon. Hoping your days are filled with strength, hope and joy.

Continue the fight -- never give in, or give up. Your joy and strength is contagious!

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Hi Kari,
    Its great to hear

Hi Kari,

Its great to hear from you... a trip to Cancun with your kids sounds wonderful...something to look forward to especially in frosty January..

Wishing you all the best,

Dot

It doesn't matter that it
    It doesn't matter that it took you awhile to post Kari, just so glad to see your pretty face! Have an exciting and wonderful trip!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    VickiSam said:

that you fighting -- and taking that trip with your children soon. Hoping your days are filled with strength, hope and joy.

Continue the fight -- never give in, or give up. Your joy and strength is contagious!

Vicki Sam

Blessings, Kari. I will
    Blessings, Kari. I will keep you in my prayers. Remember to breathe deeply and let the air all the way out! That's so important. It helps with pain, anxiety, etc. 5 breaths at a time as often as you think about it.

Hugs and prayers,

Pam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Dear Kari –

I was happy to see your post! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. But sounds like that won’t stop you from having a wonderful time in January. You deserve it and should pursue it. I hope your spirit gets lifted and you start feeling better soon. I can’t imagine how hard this must be, but you’re doing it. And you keep on doing it sister! We miss you and always think of you.

I’m sorry for the news about the other issues starting to develop. Getting a second opinion is always smart when your guts scream for it. I support you on that one. May you hear only good news moving forward.

Thanks Kari for updating us!
    Thanks Kari for updating us! I am continuing to pray for you and for Laurissa!

Have a great vacation!

Hugs, Leeza
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Have fun
    Have fun and will put you on the prayer list.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Have you decided to go and
    Have you decided to go and get a 2nd opinion Kari at MD Anderson?

Hugs and lots of prayers,

Lex
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Good to hear from you!

So sorry Kari that your
    So sorry Kari that your chemo has been so rough on you. You and Laurissa are always on my mind and in my prayers.

You just plan that Cancun trip with your kids and have the best time ever!

Hugs to you today and always,

Angie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Have fun
    Have fun and will put you on the prayer list.

great to hear
    It is great to hear from you and wonderful that you will be taking a well deserved vacation with your children to Cancun in January.

You are always in my thoughts.

Margo
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Kari, I am so sorry that you
    Kari, I am so sorry that you are going through this s**t. I am praying that your chemo knocks the cancer back. Hang in there! You sound like a tough, smart lady and I am betting on you! Hugs and prayers.

I hope you have a great time in Cancun. When you go, talk with your doctor about taking pepto bismol tablets each day to help prevent traveler's diarrhea. My dad, a physician (now deceased), used to say that the bismuth is bacteriostatic (helps to keep bacteria from growing). It seemed to work for me when I was in Cozumel. But do avoid the water and fresh fruits and vegetables while you are there. See Table below for more from the American Academy of Family Physicians.

TABLE 3
    Drug Prophylaxis Against Traveler's Diarrhea in Adults
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol), two 262-mg chewable tablets four times daily, taken with meals and once in the evening
    Ciprofloxin (Cipro), 500 mg once daily
    Norfloxacin (Noroxin), 400 mg once daily
    Ofloxacin (Floxin), 300 mg once daily
    Doxycycline (Vibramycin), 100 mg once daily
    Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim DS), 160 mg/800 mg once daily

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note: Drug prophylaxis against traveler's diarrhea may be taken for up to three weeks. Antibiotic prophylaxis is not recommended except in special circumstances, such as in patients who are severely immunocompromised or seriously ill.
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/1999/0701/p119.html
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Kari, I am so sorry that you
    Kari, I am so sorry that you are going through this s**t. I am praying that your chemo knocks the cancer back. Hang in there! You sound like a tough, smart lady and I am betting on you! Hugs and prayers.

I hope you have a great time in Cancun. When you go, talk with your doctor about taking pepto bismol tablets each day to help prevent traveler's diarrhea. My dad, a physician (now deceased), used to say that the bismuth is bacteriostatic (helps to keep bacteria from growing). It seemed to work for me when I was in Cozumel. But do avoid the water and fresh fruits and vegetables while you are there. See Table below for more from the American Academy of Family Physicians.

TABLE 3
    Drug Prophylaxis Against Traveler's Diarrhea in Adults
    Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol), two 262-mg chewable tablets four times daily, taken with meals and once in the evening
    Ciprofloxin (Cipro), 500 mg once daily
    Norfloxacin (Noroxin), 400 mg once daily
    Ofloxacin (Floxin), 300 mg once daily
    Doxycycline (Vibramycin), 100 mg once daily
    Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim DS), 160 mg/800 mg once daily

note: Drug prophylaxis against traveler's diarrhea may be taken for up to three weeks. Antibiotic prophylaxis is not recommended except in special circumstances, such as in patients who are severely immunocompromised or seriously ill.
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/1999/0701/p119.html

Kari, so good to hear from
    Kari, so good to hear from you. I will keep praying that your chemo will kill the beast and that you will feel well enough to go to Cancun.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Dear Kari –

Incase you might log on
    Incase you might log on Kari, I wanted to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs, Jan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Kari, so good to hear from
    Kari, so good to hear from you. I will keep praying that your chemo will kill the beast and that you will feel well enough to go to Cancun.

♥ Kristin ♥

I a hoping and praying Kari
    I a hoping and praying Kari that you are feeling well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving with your friends and family.

I hope you pop in more often so we know how you are doing.

Love, Noel
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

I a hoping and praying Kari
    I a hoping and praying Kari that you are feeling well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving with your friends and family.

I hope you pop in more often so we know how you are doing.

Love, Noel

I just put a new shout out
    I just put a new shout out to you Kari and hope that you will see it and update us.

Hugs,

Debby