Looking for used Elasto-Gel cold caps????

LouLa
LouLa Member Posts: 2
Hello everyone! I just recieved my 2 Elasto-Gel cold caps in the mail today. I will be starting chemo on wednesday and will be using them. I could only afford two right now. I have been doing a lot of research on these and I feel like I should have more than two. I was hoping someone out there has some that they would like to part with??

Thanks for your time
LouLa

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Cold caps...
    Let us know if this works....because everyone I have consulted about using these have said not to use them....that they don't work and could possibly keep the chemo from doing it's "job" ...who knows! So much about cancer is unknown.....losing one's hair is traumatic, for all of us...but keep in mind, it is temporary and it grows back...losing one's hair is a small price to pay....in my opinion...

Wishing you the very best as you start your treatment...
    Keep s posted...
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Good luck with those Loula -
    Good luck with those Loula - I've heard from many people that they didn't work, or they were advised not to use them, but in an earlier thread about them a few people chimed in that they worked for them. You can use the "search" feature in the message boards and look up cold caps, and it will pull up all the conversations on here that mentioned them. Good luck to you and I hope your chemo goes smoothly with minimal side effects :) The first chemo is ALWAYS the worst because you don't know what to expect but it's really not as bad as any of us ever imagine.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Don't have any
    I have no experience with them at all and the little I've actually heard about them was not all that positive.

I had problem through out A/C and worse on Taxol keeping my temperature at 97, sometimes it would drop to 95 so is there is no way I would have used something with the added potential of lowering it more. I live in a cold area and wnet through chemos during winter and can not fathom putiing something cold on my head when I'm always dressed in at least 3 l-ers in the house to stay warm with the heat on. I would wonder about the artificial lowering of body/blood temperature would have on the effectiveness of the chemo.

I do hope you are pleased with your results.

Susan
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    personally...
    I came across this invention before my chemo treatments and after research decided not to pursue. If hair doesn't fall, this means chemo probably doesn't go to your brain and I'm not sure this is what I wanted since I was going through the pain anyway.

I want to wish you well and I hope it works out for you for the better. Go in with faith that it will work and there will be no reason to have doubts. But be 100% sure of your decision before going in with it.

Hugs
  • LouLa
    LouLa Member Posts: 2

personally...
    I came across this invention before my chemo treatments and after research decided not to pursue. If hair doesn't fall, this means chemo probably doesn't go to your brain and I'm not sure this is what I wanted since I was going through the pain anyway.

I want to wish you well and I hope it works out for you for the better. Go in with faith that it will work and there will be no reason to have doubts. But be 100% sure of your decision before going in with it.

Hugs

Thanks I will keep ya posted

Thanks I will keep ya posted