Sad day for me

Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
I checked my emails and got word that a friend and animal lover I worked with passed away.We had a OPEN HOUSE and celebration yesterday for the 5 year anniversary of us being in our new shelter. He passed away suddenly on Saturday.Would've been a sad day at our the Open House celebration to find out he had passed.I've been crying all day.A shock to me.

Couple things that are special about him.He supported Breast Cancer. At a meeting he wore a PINK RIBBON hat.I didn't ask or discuss it with him.Then 2 weeks later I saw him at the grocery store.He asked me "how I was".I said "FINE".Then he told me he just got back from taking his sister home after her last radiation treatment.I told him "I didn't know your sister had BC". He said Yes and I took her to treatments.What wonderful caring and supporative brother and a wonderful man who supported breast cancer. And one other thing if he would've been around he would be at our shelter cleaning for our Open House celebration yesterday.He was compassionate when it came to animals and always volunteered to clean the floors before any Open Houses we had.Just yesterday was a special Open House celebrating 5 years in our new shelter.

Will all of you say a prayer for this family and for a very special man who took care of his sister in her time of need with Breast Cancer. He didn't mind one bit to wear pink.Even had it on that day at the grocery store. They asked that donations go to Our Humane Society and Breast Cancer.

I gotta get some tissues.

Thanks,
Lynn Smith

Comments

• Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    So sorry Lynn it's always
    So sorry Lynn it's always hard losing a really good person as they are so far and few between that come into our lives hang in there Hugs Frankie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

So sorry Lynn it's always
    So sorry Lynn it's always hard losing a really good person as they are so far and few between that come into our lives hang in there Hugs Frankie

So sorry Lynn.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

So sorry Lynn.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Another thought to help you
    Dear Lynn Smith,

Think of the following: Many people enter our lives. For 5 years You were HONORED to know a man, a compassionate and loving man to his sister and to other human beings and animals. Kindness and caring are wonderful attributes. Soak in his goodness. I am sure that he is in heaven, watching over us and smiling.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Lynn Smith

Another thought to help you
    Dear Lynn Smith,

Think of the following: Many people enter our lives. For 5 years You were HONORED to know a man, a compassionate and loving man to his sister and to other human beings and animals. Kindness and caring are wonderful attributes. Soak in his goodness. I am sure that he is in heaven, watching over us and smiling.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Yes there aren't many
    Yes there aren't many like him. He was 72 but had so much energy and always willing to help.We as Board members were honored. We did have a good time yesterday and he was with us in spirit.

Today so many people come into our lives and never act as if they have a care about anything or anyone but themselves. That wasn't this man.Yes another Angel Among Us.

Lynn Smith
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281

Yes there aren't many
    Yes there aren't many like him. He was 72 but had so much energy and always willing to help.We as Board members were honored. We did have a good time yesterday and he was with us in spirit.

Today so many people come into our lives and never act as if they have a care about anything or anyone but themselves. That wasn't this man.Yes another Angel Among Us.

Lynn Smith

Lynn - I am so sorry for the
    Lynn - I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds
    like he was a remarkable human being.

Luv & hugs, Teresa
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Lynn im sorry for the loss
    Lynn im sorry for the loss of your friend, he sounded like an amazing person!
    Hugs and lots of tissues!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    So sorry
    to hear about the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was a person who was truly worth knowing.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    ladyg said:

So sorry
    to hear about the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was a person who was truly worth knowing.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Sorry for your loss, Lynn
    Hope you're doing ok.

Sending hugs,
    Suzanne
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Sending my prayers to his
    Sending my prayers to his family and you HUGS. The great ones are few and far between. And always leave us to soon. Kay
  • jewels5
    jewels5 Member Posts: 57

Sending my prayers to his
    Sending my prayers to his family and you HUGS. The great ones are few and far between. And always leave us to soon. Kay

Lynn,
    I am so sorry for you

Lynn,

I am so sorry for you loss. You and his family have my prayers.

Hugs,
    Julie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

So sorry Lynn.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

So sorry Lynn.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

I'm so sorry Lynn. Sending
    I'm so sorry Lynn. Sending prayers and hugs!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jewels5 said:

Lynn,
    I am so sorry for you

Lynn,

I am so sorry for you loss. You and his family have my prayers.

Hugs,
    Julie

Lynn .. I am so sorry for your loss ---
    Prayers going out to you and his extended family members.

Gentle hugs,
    Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Sorry for your loss, Lynn
    Hope you're doing ok.

Sending hugs,
    Suzanne

Very sorry Lynn. Sending a
    Very sorry Lynn. Sending a big hug to you!
  • Lynn Smith
    VickiSam said:

Lynn .. I am so sorry for your loss ---
    Prayers going out to you and his extended family members.

Gentle hugs,
    Vicki Sam

I went to visitation
    I went to visitation. I wanted to talk to his sister but the family was talking to others.I was able to see him for the last time and to remember him for all the good he did.I felt better because before I went I did alot of crying.Finally felt he is at peace and now he is looking down on us.

As I looked there in the casket was his tan hat with the Pink Ribbon. They placed it just above his head and I bet when they laid him to rest they put the hat on him.

Thank all of you for the kind words.He was a very good person.

Lynn Smith
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

I went to visitation
    I went to visitation. I wanted to talk to his sister but the family was talking to others.I was able to see him for the last time and to remember him for all the good he did.I felt better because before I went I did alot of crying.Finally felt he is at peace and now he is looking down on us.

As I looked there in the casket was his tan hat with the Pink Ribbon. They placed it just above his head and I bet when they laid him to rest they put the hat on him.

Lynn Smith

So sorry Lynn. What a
    So sorry Lynn. What a wonderful friend you had. As you said, he is at peace now.

Hugs, Lex
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    jo jo said:

Lynn im sorry for the loss
    Lynn im sorry for the loss of your friend, he sounded like an amazing person!
    Hugs and lots of tissues!

My sympathy
    I am so sorry Lynn that you lost your dear friend. Lots of hugs and prayers!

Hugs, Megan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

I went to visitation

Lynn Smith

He certainly sounds like a
    He certainly sounds like a great person Lynn. I bet they put his hat on him too.

I pray that you will find some peace now and that your tears will lessen.

A big hug for you,

Kylez