Finally happened!!!

Options
jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
For the past 2 years, diagnosis, treatment, surgeries, etc... I have been dreading the day when I would run in to some "friends" that dropped me after my diagnosis. It was very difficult to deal with at the time and I have practiced in my head what I would ay when it happened. Well, Saturday it happened. I ran in to both women and they were TOGETHER!

I was with my husband and I just froze! I couldn't speak and it was so awkward. They couldn't get away from me fast enough. One of their daughters, who is in her 20's and old enough to know better, just stared at me.

I was upset all weekend, but I will get over it. It's just the loss and the ignorance of others.

I knew you all would understand,

Jean

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so sorry grown adults act
    so sorry grown adults act like that...they dont' deserve you as friend....sadly life can be very cruel at times...
    thinking of you..

Denise

I had issues with some co workers at the time..I was COLD to them...FINALLY ONE aske me "what's with you" I said you really want to know? and gave earfull..i am sure she was sorry she asked..
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

so sorry grown adults act
    so sorry grown adults act like that...they dont' deserve you as friend....sadly life can be very cruel at times...
    thinking of you..

Denise

I had issues with some co workers at the time..I was COLD to them...FINALLY ONE aske me "what's with you" I said you really want to know? and gave earfull..i am sure she was sorry she asked..

I am sure you felt awkward
    I am sure you felt awkward but don't worry they weren't true friends.Don't bother with them.In fact recently someone told me she found out who her friends were when she had a long hospital stay and a time she was in a nursing home.She said they came to see her when she was in a coma.She didn't know it.But they never came to see her afterwards.We don't need those kind of friends.

I have a couple people I can talk to but from now on the others I will be cool with.From now on bc is my business.Those on the outside who have no idea I avoid.

Lynn Smith