Bone scan question??????

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
I had a dexa scan about 2 months ago and learned that my osteopenia had gotten worst since chemo, I took the shot"prolia" at that time no.last month i was getting out of bed and thought i pulled a muscle in my upper right side well it's been giving me a fit off and on well the other day i noticed under my rib cage that bone has gotten bigger and it's a little sore so i went to see my surgeon today oh by the way i had a left mastectomy last year now there (my surgeon and radiologist) are sending me for a bone scan the 14th of this month and any one tell me if they've experienced anything like this. I think they're checking to see if I've fractured something i don't think they would be checking for bone mets, I had a pet/scan May 31,2011 and it was all clear. someone with knowledge of this please post. Loving all my pink sisters ((HUGS)) Mollyz

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    I had a bone scan Mollyz and
    I had a bone scan Mollyz and thank God, it turned out to be ok. Your doctors are just wanting a clearer picture of what might be going on.

It is the ONE test where we can keep our clothes on for a change. lol You will be injected with dye and have to come back in a few hours after the dye has a chance to go thru your system and drink lots of water to hurry it thru your body. The machine is close to your face, so, close your eyes and think of anything you can that will help you to relax if you think that will bother you. It will move, but, it is slow.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Sue :)
  • mollyz
    Ritzy said:

I had a bone scan Mollyz and
    I had a bone scan Mollyz and thank God, it turned out to be ok. Your doctors are just wanting a clearer picture of what might be going on.

It is the ONE test where we can keep our clothes on for a change. lol You will be injected with dye and have to come back in a few hours after the dye has a chance to go thru your system and drink lots of water to hurry it thru your body. The machine is close to your face, so, close your eyes and think of anything you can that will help you to relax if you think that will bother you. It will move, but, it is slow.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Thanks Sue!!
    Where u having problems when u had your bone scan? Mollyz
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    mollyz said:

Thanks Sue!!
    Where u having problems when u had your bone scan? Mollyz

Yes Molly I was. I was
    Yes Molly I was. I was having back pain, so, they wanted me to have it. It did show a touch of early arthritis, so, that was ok with me! I think anytime we have any pain associated with our back or ribs or anything, our oncologist's will order a bone scan. So, please try not to worry. When do you have the test?

• mollyz
    Ritzy said:

Yes Molly I was. I was
    Yes Molly I was. I was having back pain, so, they wanted me to have it. It did show a touch of early arthritis, so, that was ok with me! I think anytime we have any pain associated with our back or ribs or anything, our oncologist's will order a bone scan. So, please try not to worry. When do you have the test?

scan
    November 14th
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    mollyz said:

scan
    November 14th

It is encouraging that the
    It is encouraging that the pet scan was good. you should ask them what they suspect. I have had 3-4 bone scans, the easiest of the tests in my opinion. good luck will say prayers!
  • mollyz
    carkris said:

It is encouraging that the pet scan was good. you should ask them what they suspect. I have had 3-4 bone scans, the easiest of the tests in my opinion. good luck will say prayers!

My Dr.
    Is checking to see if i fractured anything he said you can fracture your ribs with a sneeze,at least that's what he mentioned,he also thought i had over done it with the weights but i told him i wasn't lifting like (lol) that i lift with slow movements. but I will let you know on the 15th when i get the results and i'm so glad i want have to take anything off this really will be the easiest scan.WOW Mollyz
  • mollyz
    carkris said:

My Dr.
    Is checking to see if i fractured anything he said you can fracture your ribs with a sneeze,at least that's what he mentioned,he also thought i had over done it with the weights but i told him i wasn't lifting like (lol) that i lift with slow movements. but I will let you know on the 15th when i get the results and i'm so glad i want have to take anything off this really will be the easiest scan.WOW Mollyz
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    mollyz said:

My Dr.

Yes, you keep your clothes
    Yes, you keep your clothes on Molly! Good luck on the 15th!

Hugs, Kylez
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    mollyz said:

My Dr.

We'll get the pink bus out
    We'll get the pink bus out for you on the 15th Mollyz!

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    mollyz said:

My Dr.

It is the easiest test I
    It is the easiest test I think. Hoping that it is something simple that can be fixed easily.

Will be on the pink bus for support the 15th.

Hugs, Leeza
  • mollyz
    jnl said:

It is the easiest test I
    It is the easiest test I think. Hoping that it is something simple that can be fixed easily.

Will be on the pink bus for support the 15th.

Hugs, Leeza

Thanks!!!
    Thanks for the pink bus that makes it more doable, you know I went on every test that I've had by myself but never really felt alone it must have been God and you guys with me. thank you all. Mollyz
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    mollyz said:

Thanks!!!
    Thanks for the pink bus that makes it more doable, you know I went on every test that I've had by myself but never really felt alone it must have been God and you guys with me. thank you all. Mollyz

The pink bus is being gassed
    The pink bus is being gassed up for you already Molly! See you the 14th!

Hugs, Lex
  • mollyz
    Alexis F said:

The pink bus is being gassed
    The pink bus is being gassed up for you already Molly! See you the 14th!

Hugs, Lex

So grateful!!
    I talk about the pink bus and nobody really understands but our kindred spirits. love you all. MollyZ
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    mollyz said:

So grateful!!
    I talk about the pink bus and nobody really understands but our kindred spirits. love you all. MollyZ

Yes we do understand and we
    Yes we do understand and we love the pink bus! Praying for you Mollyz!