BLOOD DISCHARGE

DJG1
DJG1 Member Posts: 121
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this discussion board, but a was a regular at the Head & Neck. I had tonsil cancer with 1 lymp node both removed, and 32 radiation treatments that ended Nov of 2010. Things been good so far except for when I went to get my mamogram. The doc did the breast exam and noticed blood discharge from the left nipple while she was doing the exam. I have never noticed this before. I have never had blood in my bra either. She would not do the mamogram, but scheduled me for a DIAGNOSTIC MAMOGRAM, ULTRA SOUND, and DUCT BIOPSY, all in one day, back to back. Needless to say, she scared the **** out of me. Has anyone else had this discharge? Any advise on the directions she is sending me too. Is it necessary to have all 3 of these test done? I would appreciate any information anyone could give me. FYI, the H&N cancer i had was squamis carsonoma (Sorry I cant spell...suffering from brain radiation)
Thanks,
Debbie

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Personally...
    I wouldn't hesitate to have all three tests done....better safe than sorry...blood discharge isn't normal...So they need to find the reason...

I wish you the very best and please keep up posted....we care!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Blood
    Hi Debbie --

I was dx with invasive ductal carcinoma and before I started my chemo treatments, I harvested my eggs. During the harvesting process, I developed some bloody discharge from nipple but they came out flaky. Maybe because it got dried and presented itself that way on my skin and clothes. Doctors suspected it was from the hormones and tissue moving around inside...healing.

I think it's best to test for everything for peace of mind. I pray your results are good, but please don't be afraid. We're here to support you and answer any questions you may have.

Praying for good results. Remember to always stay positive, no matter what you see, and no matter what they tell you.

Hugs
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MAJW said:

Personally...
    I wouldn't hesitate to have all three tests done....better safe than sorry...blood discharge isn't normal...So they need to find the reason...

I wish you the very best and please keep up posted....we care!

I think your doctor is right
    I think your doctor is right in having these other tests done for you. Wishing you good luck and keep us updated.

Hugs, Angie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Blood
    Hi Debbie --

I was dx with invasive ductal carcinoma and before I started my chemo treatments, I harvested my eggs. During the harvesting process, I developed some bloody discharge from nipple but they came out flaky. Maybe because it got dried and presented itself that way on my skin and clothes. Doctors suspected it was from the hormones and tissue moving around inside...healing.

I think it's best to test for everything for peace of mind. I pray your results are good, but please don't be afraid. We're here to support you and answer any questions you may have.

Praying for good results. Remember to always stay positive, no matter what you see, and no matter what they tell you.

Hugs

For peace of mind, it is
    For peace of mind, it is well worth it to have all of these tests. I know every time any of us are sent for more tests, we get scared out of our minds.

Try to think positive thoughts and know that we are all praying for you.

Hugs, Diane
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    DianeBC said:

For peace of mind, it is
    For peace of mind, it is well worth it to have all of these tests. I know every time any of us are sent for more tests, we get scared out of our minds.

Try to think positive thoughts and know that we are all praying for you.

Hugs, Diane

I had a yellow
    I had a yellow discharge from my left breast(cancer side) and my oncologist ordered a ultrasound.Things were fine.It was about a year after I had my lumpectomy.

For many years I had a inverted nipple on the right side.My good breast.It was brought to my attention by the radiology nurse. I had no idea till she said something. The left side was the yellow discharge.I still like to watch both since it could turn into something later and these things are signs of cancer.

Lynn Smith