Would love support and words of encouragement.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I had a right side
    I had a right side Mastectomy last Nov. It wasn't as bad as I though it would be. I never had reconstruction and am not going to. Now a year later I wish I had removed both. Then I would have been even. for me that would have been better. I'm sending you prayers and strength. You will be in my thoughts on Wed. Please let us know how you are soon as you are up to it. I felt great the next day. Only spent one night in hospital. You will be fine. We always imagine things worse then they turn out to be. take care Darlin Kay,

I'm sending you all of the
    I'm sending you all of the support and encouragement you need Sue.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • pzelonka
    pzelonka Member Posts: 6
    Options
    mamolady said:

Bilateral Mastectomy. I did
    Bilateral Mastectomy. I did not have recon yet. I still don't know if I want to or not. It is way more comfortable with out. I don't even bother with the prosthetic at all. At work I wear scrubs so it isn't that big of deal. My daughter went shopping with me to find clothes that look fine with out boobs.
    Most people don't even notice. I just work with one person that seems to think I should get the recon........
    Once I loose the chemo weight I will decide if I want to bother with the recon.

Cindy

Bilateral Mastectomy w/o reconstruction
    Sue: Good luck with your surgery. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Reconstruction is a personal decision and we have to make it for ourselves. I know you will make the right decision for you.

While mentally preparing myself for surgery, I could not face having to go back in for more surgery (reconstruction). The surgeon did assure me that I could come back in at anytime and have reconstruction done.

Just take care of yourself.

Peggy
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    Options
    pzelonka said:

Bilateral Mastectomy w/o reconstruction
    Sue: Good luck with your surgery. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Reconstruction is a personal decision and we have to make it for ourselves. I know you will make the right decision for you.

While mentally preparing myself for surgery, I could not face having to go back in for more surgery (reconstruction). The surgeon did assure me that I could come back in at anytime and have reconstruction done.

Just take care of yourself.

Peggy

Thank you everyone for your
    Thank you everyone for your advice, support and prayers!!!! You are mean so much!

As I've said before, this site has been such a blessing. So nice to know you have somewhere to come when you need to hear from people who understand and know what you're talking about, and have had the experience to answer any question thrown at them :)!

HUGS to all of you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

I had to have delayed
    I had to have delayed reconstruction so went a year after my mastectomy. I never wore prosthetics. It didn't bother me. My choice to have reconstruction was because I did want to and there was a huge part that wanted things to look as close to normal for my 3 year old daughter...didn't want her to ever feel "different". I very easily could have left things the way they were. To be honest, the "wake up" was way easier than I expected.
    Good luck to you!!
    Dana

Good luck Sue with your
    Good luck Sue with your surgery. Praying for it to be successful and for you to have a good recovery and a fast one.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Thank you everyone for your
    Thank you everyone for your advice, support and prayers!!!! You are mean so much!

As I've said before, this site has been such a blessing. So nice to know you have somewhere to come when you need to hear from people who understand and know what you're talking about, and have had the experience to answer any question thrown at them :)!

HUGS to all of you!

I'll be thinking of you
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Sue and sending prayers and good luck to you!

Hugs, Megan
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    I had the double M and no
    I had the double M and no reconstruction and have never regretted it but i think it depends on your age as i was 68 at the time and i don't wear bra or fake one's ether but i was mentally prepared for how i would look my best to you and your in my prayers.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

I had the double M and no reconstruction and have never regretted it but i think it depends on your age as i was 68 at the time and i don't wear bra or fake one's ether but i was mentally prepared for how i would look my best to you and your in my prayers.

Prayers
    I also had a lumpectomy, but wanted to add my prayers. Good luck!

Hugs,
    Debi
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Sue
    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I will be there with you and send you all the positive energy you need.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

I'm sending good luck,
    I'm sending good luck, prayers and lots of encouragement to you Sue!

Post when you can to update us.

Hugs, Lex
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Best of luck Sue
    I had a lumpectomy but just wanted to wish you all my best.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Sue
    I'm thinking of you today and sending prayers that your surgery will go just fine and that you will recover quickly.

I hope that the pinkies aren't crowding the room too much for the doctors, but, we have to be there for you.

Post an update when you are feeling like it Sue.

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Options

Best of luck Sue
    I had a lumpectomy but just wanted to wish you all my best.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

double post grrrr lol

double post grrrr lol
  • loren69
    loren69 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    good luck! you will do good!
    good luck! you will do good! i did one m 08/2010 i was so scared but i did really good.

best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • loren69
    Options
    good luck! you will do good! i did one m 08/2010 i was so scared but i did really good.

loren
  • loren69
    Options

loren
  • loren69
    Options

loren
  • loren69
    Options

loren
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    no words of advice..just
    no words of advice..just good thoughts

Denise
  • Ritzy
    Options
    loren69 said:

loren

Thinking of you Sue and
    Thinking of you Sue and praying your surgery went smoothly for you and that you are resting comfortably.

Sue :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

no words of advice..just
    no words of advice..just good thoughts

Denise

Praying for you Sue and will
    Praying for you Sue and will be watching for an update on how your surgery went.