Living 6 months at a time! Can you say NED!!! :)

Options
2»

Comments

• hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    robertjuy said:

you're doing the right thing
    Congrats on your scan! positive energy rules

Sometimes reading this board can get depressing or can also make you feel like you're not alone in your struggles. Always seek help professionally when dealing with depression. You're friends and family can only take so much pressure. When you talk to a mental healthcare professional or counselor they do not take on the personal baggage and bring them home.

NED< NED!!
    Congrats on the NED diagnosis....keep the faith and keep living your 6 months at a time!!!
    all the best,
    Steve
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Thanks
    Thanks John....I look at all of this as a detour in my journey of life.

Linda

Hi Linda

Wishing you well as the starting line.

Hondo
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

:(
    Thanks for busting my bubble. This is why I am hesitant to visit this board.

However thank you for your concern, my ENT/surgeon said I had surgery there and I had radiation which will cause scar tissue, calcium build up, etc..I have faith in my doctor; but obviously we are keeping an eye on it.

P.S. Every cancer is different. That is why I prefer to only comment to similiar situatuions as mine! (Tonsil cancer/HPV+)

Hi Charles

I too live with a little bulge on the side of my neck, I use to worry a lot about it but in all my PET scans it never showed up as anything. After the rad treatment we have a lot of scar tissue that develop in the area we were treated so don’t let any of that scare you. Eat right exercise and enjoy life my friend

Take care
    Hondo
  • RogerRN43
    RogerRN43 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Congrats Charles
    NED! NED! NED!
    That is awesome. I hope to be where you are, it actually can't come any sooner (I'm only 11 rads in, 2 cisplatin to go).
    Mild chicken wings dipped in blue cheese are one of my favorite and wondered if I would ever eat them again, so there's hope I see :-)

Don't sweat the relationship stuff. Sometimes it's worse to be in a bad relationship, divorced, dysfunctional kids, etc than no relationship at all. One thing, keep going out and being social, join a gym, pick a hobby and join a club associated with it, go to church if you are religious. Whatever it is, do something you like to do, and someone like-minded and special will cross your path before you know it. Sometimes it's harder searching for love. When I was younger, the bar/club scene was the worse place to look for a relationship.
    Instead, have fun, do things you like/love, get to know people and continue to expand your social network... and eventually, let yourselves find each other. It will happen, no doubt.

Begin by loving and believing in yourself.
    You have already conquered a monumental obstacle in your life 1y 4m post.

Livestrong!
    Roger :-)
  • CLRRN
    CLRRN Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Yiippppeee
    Congrats Charles...hang in there!!!

xoxoox

Chris/Mike