Recurrence

Options
janderson1964
janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
I am having my second recurrence. Every time A spot shows up on my liver it is in the same general location. Maybe I should insist on having my entire right lobe removed. Any thoughts or similar cases.

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Question
    How did they deal with it the last time?
    Have you tried an ablation (RFA)?
  • janderson1964
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Question
    How did they deal with it the last time?
    Have you tried an ablation (RFA)?

Surgery each time. No RFA

Surgery each time. No RFA
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    whats your immune system like ?
    from memory you were exercising, eating well, juicing. for what its worth my current peace of mind strategy has 3 x 30 minute mindfulness meditations a day and a 90 minute gym workout.

I'll tell you in a few years how effective this is for me. Its pretty relaxing. I just love driving to the speed limit on the highway and watching all the made crazy speedesters zoom past me. I hope my approach with meditation and diet really strengthens my immune system.

really sorry you have had a second recuurence. only advice is get a second opinion. I am going to a bowel cancer forum tomorrow nigth and if I get the opportunity I may ask your question to the panel of oncologists and surgeons.

hugs,
    pete
  • janderson1964
    Options

whats your immune system like ?
    from memory you were exercising, eating well, juicing. for what its worth my current peace of mind strategy has 3 x 30 minute mindfulness meditations a day and a 90 minute gym workout.

I'll tell you in a few years how effective this is for me. Its pretty relaxing. I just love driving to the speed limit on the highway and watching all the made crazy speedesters zoom past me. I hope my approach with meditation and diet really strengthens my immune system.

really sorry you have had a second recuurence. only advice is get a second opinion. I am going to a bowel cancer forum tomorrow nigth and if I get the opportunity I may ask your question to the panel of oncologists and surgeons.

hugs,
    pete

I am in the process of
    I am in the process of getting a second opinion. Also I believe my diet and exercise has preventedd it from coming back for over 3 years and has helped keep it localized. Still no other organ involvement.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options

I am in the process of
    I am in the process of getting a second opinion. Also I believe my diet and exercise has preventedd it from coming back for over 3 years and has helped keep it localized. Still no other organ involvement.

I Second the Second Opinion
    It sounds like you are doing many of the right things now. RFAs are a pretty common and noninvasive procedure if you decide to go that route.
    Good luck, keep us posted.
    -p
  • janderson1964
    Options
    PhillieG said:

I Second the Second Opinion
    It sounds like you are doing many of the right things now. RFAs are a pretty common and noninvasive procedure if you decide to go that route.
    Good luck, keep us posted.
    -p

I will stick with surgery.
    I will stick with surgery. It is still considered the gold standard.
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    kitchen sink
    Although my wife's situation is much different, our approach is aggressive surgery, continuous immunochemotherapy, checker boarding molecular targets with mostly natural agents, and supplements for various support.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    tanstaafl said:

kitchen sink
    Although my wife's situation is much different, our approach is aggressive surgery, continuous immunochemotherapy, checker boarding molecular targets with mostly natural agents, and supplements for various support.

My ONC was aggressive. Liver
    My ONC was aggressive. Liver resection! Absolutely! Get a second opinion. Even when the liver surgeon didn't want to do my resection because he couldn't see the mets on the scans, he found the mets in the liver, when he cut it open.
  • janderson1964
    Options
    Nana b said:

My ONC was aggressive. Liver
    My ONC was aggressive. Liver resection! Absolutely! Get a second opinion. Even when the liver surgeon didn't want to do my resection because he couldn't see the mets on the scans, he found the mets in the liver, when he cut it open.

I am absolutely doing the
    I am absolutely doing the surgery. He can operate on me as soon as before thanksgiving. He has operated on me twice before. He said he is going to be more aggressive this time and take a larger percentage of liver out. I am waiting on a second opinion but they ae jerking me around. I don't want to delay this too long and am thinking of sticking with my surgeon who has worked great in the past.