They tell it like it is...

Options
camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
Started on another antibiotic this week Levaquin for Bronchitis.

I was talking to my son and told him I was a little hesitant because of all the side effects.
He looked at me and said... "are you kidding me?" I thought he was reacting to the side effects I had just read him.
He started laughing and said, "Mom, you just spent the last year going through radiation twice, having poison put put directly in your veins almost every week for 9 months, you take a sh*tload of other meds, and you are questioning an antibiotic for an infection"?

I looked at him, saw the irony and just cracked up!

How do I sometimes miss the big picture?????

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something Son
    Sounds like somethig Son would say to me - Gotta LOVE them!

Susan
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Rague said:

Sounds like something Son
    Sounds like somethig Son would say to me - Gotta LOVE them!

Susan

haha...he has a
    haha...he has a point....funny how there comes a day when our children shows us logic....gotta loved them...

Eva
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    out of the mouths of babes
    Your son does have a point, however,let's always be aware of what we're putting in our bodies and never just ""throw another one in for good measure". You're right to be careful. Out of the mouth of my daughter came to day actually some hurtful words. We were sitting in a restaurant and she says,"mom I think that lady has chemo!" I said, oh do you think so?" She says, :it's so hard not to stare" I'm a week from starting chemo. OUCH!!!! I asked her if that would be embassing when we're out. She said yes.Crushed me. I told her not to worry, I won't be out with them. Does that make you feel better? She said yes. In dealing with the coming of my hair loss I never thought that I'd be an embarrassment to my family. This just continues with jabs from all sides it seems.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    madsters1 said:

out of the mouths of babes
    Your son does have a point, however,let's always be aware of what we're putting in our bodies and never just ""throw another one in for good measure". You're right to be careful. Out of the mouth of my daughter came to day actually some hurtful words. We were sitting in a restaurant and she says,"mom I think that lady has chemo!" I said, oh do you think so?" She says, :it's so hard not to stare" I'm a week from starting chemo. OUCH!!!! I asked her if that would be embassing when we're out. She said yes.Crushed me. I told her not to worry, I won't be out with them. Does that make you feel better? She said yes. In dealing with the coming of my hair loss I never thought that I'd be an embarrassment to my family. This just continues with jabs from all sides it seems.

I get jabs too
    I get jabs too.Hurtful.No matter if I tell my family I don't need flack or stress they do it anyway.I didn't need chemo so no hair loss but I believe my husband would be somewhat embarrassed if he went somewhere with me.

I am cautious on what I take.I have reactions to alot of meds.

Lynn Smith
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    LoL! Kids see things
    LoL! Kids see things sometimes so much easier than we do. Hoping this antibiotic helps your bronchitis.

Lex
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

LoL! Kids see things
    LoL! Kids see things sometimes so much easier than we do. Hoping this antibiotic helps your bronchitis.

Lex

Carol, its nice to hear that you have a sounding
    board of sorts, that snaps us back to reality! Ouch, however your son is right, and he is wanting the very best for you, in sickness and in health.

What's that saying ... 'kids say the darndest things'?

Gentle hugs,

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    I have been on that
    I have been on that anitbiotic a number times in past years for sinus infections.It worked wonders where others didn't even do anything for me. I hope it works just as well for you.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Carol, its nice to hear that you have a sounding
    board of sorts, that snaps us back to reality! Ouch, however your son is right, and he is wanting the very best for you, in sickness and in health.

What's that saying ... 'kids say the darndest things'?

Gentle hugs,

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Your son is a wise young
    Your son is a wise young man! Good luck with the antibiotics!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    He's right.
    You have been through the war.
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

He's right.

Carol,
    Walking in our shoes it's hard not to be over careful about everything, and it's also nice to have someone around who will just say "Take a step back and look at the big picture". Your son is definitely a blessing in keeping in keeping you focused on the real issue and that is getting better. Some days we all need that smack on the forehead... LOL

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

He's right.

You have been thru so much
    You have been thru so much Carol. Give your son a hug from us!

Hugs, Jan