New to Network

Options
2»

Comments

• debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

no suggestions...just wanted
    no suggestions...just wanted to say I have been on tamoxifen for 3 1/2 yrs...no side effects to speak of until May-had to have hysterectomy-but hot flashes were slight..only night sweats (pretty bad) NO fatigue from med or radiation...

I HOPE YOU get some suggestions here, which I am sure you will

Denise

Welcome
    I also have no suggestions, just wanted to welcome you! This is the best place you'll find for support and information.

Hugs,
    Debi
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    STICKING YOUR HEAD IN THE
    STICKING YOUR HEAD IN THE FREEZER HELPS...LOL!
    Hi Frankie...welcome to the board. I for one hate drugs and only take them when i have no other option. Not everyone is like me. I have learned the traits of my hot flashes and when i feel one coming on i get in front of a fan or walk outside when its cold. If i catch it early even the hot flash doesnt run its course but those times i cant catch it i literally put my head in the freezer and it doesnt last as long...its a weird remedy but effective for me. At night i sleep with a fan and my window cracked and i hardly ever have any night sweats. Everyone has to find what works for them and i wish ya luck in your search!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi Frankie...welcome to the board. I for one hate drugs and only take them when i have no other option. Not everyone is like me. I have learned the traits of my hot flashes and when i feel one coming on i get in front of a fan or walk outside when its cold. If i catch it early even the hot flash doesnt run its course but those times i cant catch it i literally put my head in the freezer and it doesnt last as long...its a weird remedy but effective for me. At night i sleep with a fan and my window cracked and i hardly ever have any night sweats. Everyone has to find what works for them and i wish ya luck in your search!

Wow JoJo
    Sorry about that last post. Hit the button.
    Anyway, I was going to say Wow Jojo, I thought I was the only one who stuck my head in the freezer! I really do.
    Also sleep with a fan but my night sweats are intense. I hope you never get those.
    Good to see your smile.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

What helped me ... effexor of course, as
    well as limiting my sugar and caffeine intake.

All I can say is 'Thank Goodness its, Winter'! I am so much more comfortable.

Good luck .. and please consult your doctor.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

I don't have hot flashes,
    I don't have hot flashes, but, the few that I know that do, have taken Effexor for them and it helped. Ask your doc about this and good luck.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options

Frankie: I call my warm slow flashes
    VERY mild not even worth mentioning post hyterectomy in May..

Denise

Glad to here they are very
    Glad to here they are very mild hugs Frankie
  • Frankie Shannon
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi jojo yes i have had to
    Hi jojo yes i have had to stick my head in the freezer a few times but now that its winter i just go out side with no coat and that does wonders i sleep good at night with taking the Gabapentin and if i'm in the car i turn the air conditioner on my Grand kids love that LOL Hug Frankie
  • Frankie Shannon
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Welcome
    I also have no suggestions, just wanted to welcome you! This is the best place you'll find for support and information.

Hugs,
    Debi

Thanks for the welcome Hugs
    Thanks for the welcome Hugs Frankie