Just opened my acct

Options
Marla226
Marla226 Member Posts: 2
I am 61 going on eternity. My diagnosis was in 2010 and have been doing 98% of this on my own with only a little help from friends. Would sure love added support/friendships etc.
As my computer has just gone back on line, this is one of the 1st things I have done to stay in contact. Would love to hear from those that are out here.

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 61 on Nov 4th!
    I was diagnosed in Feb of 09. I'm doing great but I check in to support my sisters and meet newly diagnosed friends. Welcome. I was diagnosed at stage 1 and had a partial mastectomy with radiation. This disease is sneaky so none if us can totally forget we were diagnosed. Every day and every birthday is a grateful event. Hugs.

Roseann
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm 65
    and was DX'd with IBC at 63 in with IBC.

Ask away!

Susan
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Rague said:

I'm 65
    and was DX'd with IBC at 63 in with IBC.

Ask away!

Susan

Welcome Marla - glad to have
    Welcome Marla - glad to have you join us. I've got a few
    years on you (I'm 68) was also dx in 2010, 1 year ago this
    month.

Teresa
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    gami43 said:

Welcome Marla - glad to have
    Welcome Marla - glad to have you join us. I've got a few
    years on you (I'm 68) was also dx in 2010, 1 year ago this
    month.

Teresa

This is the place to come, Marta
    Welcome. Keep that computer running and come here for all the support you need. I'm 64 was dx'd in 2010 (was still 62 then). Glad I've had 2 birthdays since dx, but where or where, does life go?

Hugs
    Suzanne
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Marla
    We're all here to support & encourage each other. Though sorry for the reason, glad you found us. :-)

I'm an 8-year survivor - originally DX'd at 45 years old.

The board is "open" 24/7, each & every day. Visit often, whenever you want or need to... There is almost always someone "here"...

Kind regards, Susan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Mid fifties
    Was diagnosed this Feb with stage 2 triple negative bc. Will be done with radiation about Thanksgiving time.
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    I will be 69 next month and
    I will be 69 next month and was diagnosed in 2010 what were you diagnosed with and how are you doing
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

I'm turning 61 on Nov 4th!
    I was diagnosed in Feb of 09. I'm doing great but I check in to support my sisters and meet newly diagnosed friends. Welcome. I was diagnosed at stage 1 and had a partial mastectomy with radiation. This disease is sneaky so none if us can totally forget we were diagnosed. Every day and every birthday is a grateful event. Hugs.

Roseann

Hey Marla and Welcome! I'm
    Hey Marla and Welcome! I'm sorry you found us, but, you are now surrounded with lots of help, support and encouragement from your pink sisters!

Hugs, Debby
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

I will be 69 next month and
    I will be 69 next month and was diagnosed in 2010 what were you diagnosed with and how are you doing

Oh Marla,
    You have come to the right place dear sister. I just turned 50 last month and have finished my treatments this past summer. Thursday I have my implant exchange surgery, I opted for a double mastectomy this past February to remove the tumor in my left breast only.

How are you doing today? Stay in touch with us girl...

hugs,
    Lorrie
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Oh Marla,
    You have come to the right place dear sister. I just turned 50 last month and have finished my treatments this past summer. Thursday I have my implant exchange surgery, I opted for a double mastectomy this past February to remove the tumor in my left breast only.

How are you doing today? Stay in touch with us girl...

hugs,
    Lorrie

Welcome Marla
    Im sorry for the reason that you here but I'm glad you found us. This is an awesome site that is filled with awesome people. I am 44 & was diagnosed with Inflammatory breast cancer last November & I am so thankful to have found this site.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Marla,
    I'm glad you found this site. It has been wonderful for me and I'm sure you will find support and true friendship here. Welcome!

Sue
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Mid fifties
    Was diagnosed this Feb with stage 2 triple negative bc. Will be done with radiation about Thanksgiving time.

Hi Marla! I had a
    Hi Marla! I had a lumpectomy with rads and so far, all of my tests have been clean. I am so thankful for that!

Looking forward to knowing more about you and seeing you post.

Hugs, Megan
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Marla,
    I'm glad you found this site. It has been wonderful for me and I'm sure you will find support and true friendship here. Welcome!

Sue

Marla
    Happy to have your join us.You will learn alot.Like you I didn't get alot of support.Friends have been dx but way longer than me but I have hope knowing that people live longer.One friend does take me when I get my needle biopsy.I can drive but she is there for support.My other friend works and hard for her to do much.I helped her a few times with her radiation appointments

I am 64 and dx at 62.Family history.My mom and niece.My mother lived 60 years after her dx at 21.My niece is a 6 year survivor.

I had DCIS non invasive, no node involvement, tumor was 1/2 centimeter.No chemo or radiation but I take tamoxifin for the next 5 years.

Wishing you the best.Also if you are like me I don't ask for any help or support.I don't think most people understand unless they've been through it.I no longer talk about it as much unless to my friends who've been through it.And of course my niece.

Lynn Smith
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome, Marla. Sorry though that you have to be here. I'm almost 58, diagnosed at 55, stage 3 IDC. So happy active treatment is done and fearful everytime I have to see a doctor -- even my dentist.

Sorry you've had to do so much of this alone. That would have to be awful cause this is the best group of sisters/brothers in the world.

Best of luck to you. Check in often.

marge
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Welcome
    Welcome, Marla. Sorry though that you have to be here. I'm almost 58, diagnosed at 55, stage 3 IDC. So happy active treatment is done and fearful everytime I have to see a doctor -- even my dentist.

Sorry you've had to do so much of this alone. That would have to be awful cause this is the best group of sisters/brothers in the world.

Best of luck to you. Check in often.

marge

Welcome Marla
    Even though none of us want to be on this site, it has been a life saver for all of us. Everyone here gets it and understands, so, keep posting Marla and keep us updated.

Hugs, Kylez