Different Chemo

Pam5
Pam5 Member Posts: 232
Hi Everybody,

As some of you know, I had to go off cytoxon/taxotere because I kept getting pneumonia. My doc put me on hormone therapy - Anastrazole. It may be shrinking the tumor but, if it is, it's really slow. So last week I asked him to put me on another chemo and I would take steroids as soon as I felt any serious congestion begin. I had a session with Abraxane this past Tuesday and so far I feel fine. I go again next Tuesday and the following Tuesday - then off for a week. I guess I start again after the week off. Abraxane is generally used for metastatic bc, which I don't have, but the doc thinks it will work. I sure hope so. I want this tumor to shrink so we can get on with the surgery. Has anybody else been on this? Are there cumulative side effects as the treatments progress? I just think it's better if I have some idea what to expect. Thanks for any input you can give.

Pam

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    We are all unique!
    There is no way that any of us can tell you what you will experience - we are all unique and have different reaction. A/C was easy for me - Taxol was BAD but for some it's the other way around.

Not sure I really understand what you're saying - I was on oral steroids before and for seveal days while on Adriamycin/Cytoxan and IV steroids before each Taxol with oral over the next several days. There was no "IF" I had an issue - it was the protocol.

I'm on Femara - have been since early Feb 2010 - that was not to shrink anything but to try to prevent future 'problems' - had already done 4 A/C had surgery and 12 Taxol before I started it a week into Rads.

We are each unique as is our Monster - I'm IBC.

Susan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Hi Pam! So glad you still
    Hi Pam! So glad you still feel good after your last treatment. I will pray that it continues to have no side effects for you.

Good to see an update from you!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Ritzy said:

Hi Pam! So glad you still
    Hi Pam! So glad you still feel good after your last treatment. I will pray that it continues to have no side effects for you.

Good to see an update from you!

Sue :)

Wishing you good luck Pam
    Wishing you good luck Pam with Abraxene!

Hugs, Megan
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Megan M said:

Wishing you good luck Pam
    Wishing you good luck Pam with Abraxene!

Hugs, Megan

Thank you ladies. You're
    Thank you ladies. You're right, Susan - we are all are unique and so is our bc. I have my second chemo Tuesday and my hope is that my lungs don't have a bad reaction.

Hugs to you all
    Pam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Pam5 said:

Thank you ladies. You're
    Thank you ladies. You're right, Susan - we are all are unique and so is our bc. I have my second chemo Tuesday and my hope is that my lungs don't have a bad reaction.

Hugs to you all
    Pam

Good luck Tuesday Pam.
    Good luck Tuesday Pam. Praying your lungs will be ok. Keep posting updates.

Hugs, Lex
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Alexis F said:

Good luck Tuesday Pam.
    Good luck Tuesday Pam. Praying your lungs will be ok. Keep posting updates.

Hugs, Lex

I know you've had a rough
    I know you've had a rough time Pam and I pray that it will get better for you. Always thinking of you and praying for you.

Debby
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    DebbyM said:

I know you've had a rough
    I know you've had a rough time Pam and I pray that it will get better for you. Always thinking of you and praying for you.

Debby

Have...
    You taken the pneumonia shot? Perhaps you might ask your oncologist about taking this...it lasts for 5 years...

Wishing you better days,
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MAJW said:

Have...
    You taken the pneumonia shot? Perhaps you might ask your oncologist about taking this...it lasts for 5 years...

Wishing you better days,
    Hugs, Nancy

Good luck Pam!
    Good luck Pam! Feel better!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Angie2U said:

Good luck Pam!
    Good luck Pam! Feel better!

How are you doing Pam?
    Hugs,

How are you doing Pam?