Bump(s) in the Road

mollieb
mollieb Member Posts: 148
Radiation is finished but I am flat-out exhausted and still burned -- the severity ebbs and flows. I anticipate that this will be over soon. Meanwhile, I saw my new MO yesterday and learned that back in April when I had a CT for my shattered humerus (I was in such a pain-and-pain-killer fog at the time I don't even remember having the CT, although I remember them telling me I needed one) they apparently caught a corner of my liver in the scan, and saw a "spot." So now it's back to the imaging department for a new CT of my midsection. I have had anomalous liver enzymes for about 40 years, so I am trying to be optimistic, but it will still be hard to wait three weeks for the test and results.

The other bump, and it's of much more concern to me, is that my beautiful, talented, 24-year-old golden girl has a lump on her cervix. She has been losing weight (about 15 pounds since the summer from an already healthy weight) and spotting. She just moved 2000 miles away from us, and I can't go to the appointment with her. I am trying to counsel her through Google chat, and as I look back on the exchange, I said "be aggressive" about six times. Be aggressive. Ask them why whatever test they are doing will answer the questions raised by this constellation of symptoms. Be aggressive. Tell them you want a biopsy, not just a PAP. Be aggressive. Insist that your old gyn get your records out to you immediately. Be aggressive. You are entitled to understand what they are telling you, not just accept it because they are "experts."

I'm just fried. I have accepted that the last years of my life might be spent fighting cancer, but I am almost 61 and I have done a lot of what I want to do. It will really freak me out if my daughter has to deal with this, too.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Thinking of you....sending
    Thinking of you....sending good thoughts for both of you..

Denise
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member

Denise

I have two daughters and I
    I have two daughters and I am feeling your pain. Its one thing to fight for yourself; its another to watch one of those you love the most have to fight the fight. My very best to both you and your golden child.

Chickadee
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Denise

Those aren't bumps, they're mountains!
    Oh, Molly, my heart dropped when I read your post. I'm sure the liver thing was like a blow to your belly. The part about your daughter, tho, really resonnated with me. My daughter (39) is going to have a uterine ablation after the first of the year. She has constant bleeding and cramping, pain and spotting with intercourse and horrible periods. Given my history with endometrial cancer, I want her to have a hysterectomy. It's an option, but she's worried about time off work, loss of pay, etc. All valid things to be concerned about.

Without a doubt, concern for our children trumps our own personal issues. When will your daughter see a gynecologist?

I'm sending hugs, but more importantly, prayers for you and your potential health issue as well as to you for the "mom" issues, and also for your daughter.

Suzanne
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Oh, Molly, my heart dropped when I read your post. I'm sure the liver thing was like a blow to your belly. The part about your daughter, tho, really resonnated with me. My daughter (39) is going to have a uterine ablation after the first of the year. She has constant bleeding and cramping, pain and spotting with intercourse and horrible periods. Given my history with endometrial cancer, I want her to have a hysterectomy. It's an option, but she's worried about time off work, loss of pay, etc. All valid things to be concerned about.

Without a doubt, concern for our children trumps our own personal issues. When will your daughter see a gynecologist?

I'm sending hugs, but more importantly, prayers for you and your potential health issue as well as to you for the "mom" issues, and also for your daughter.

Suzanne

I am sorry it all seems so
    I am sorry it all seems so hard and when you are exhausted it is worse. I can handle it when it is me but not my kids. My daughter is having an MRI on tues as she had a CT the other day with an excrutiating headache and it showed an irregularity which is prob ok, but need an MRI to completely rule it out. I HAVE BEEN MISERABLE. So big hugs to you and I will say a prayer for your daughter.
  • mollieb

Suzanne

Appointment Next Week
    My daughter has an appointment with a brand new gyne next week. She talked to the nurse at her old gyne's office who calmed her down, told her cysts are common and she should not stress. It helped my daughter, but not me! It's good because I don't want her freaking out, but I am still freaked out. We will just wait and see.

I hope your daughter's ablation takes care of her problem. "After the first of the year" is a long time to wait. I'll be thinking of you.
  • mollieb
    carkris said:

I am sorry it all seems so hard and when you are exhausted it is worse. I can handle it when it is me but not my kids. My daughter is having an MRI on tues as she had a CT the other day with an excrutiating headache and it showed an irregularity which is prob ok, but need an MRI to completely rule it out. I HAVE BEEN MISERABLE. So big hugs to you and I will say a prayer for your daughter.

This is Hard for Mothers
    It's hard for all parents, which is why I haven't said anything to my husband. Time enough for him to worry if there turns out to be something to worry about. I will be thinking about your daughter on Tuesday.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    carkris said:

Sending prayers and positive
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.

Hugs, Jan
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    mollieb said:

Appointment Next Week
    My daughter has an appointment with a brand new gyne next week. She talked to the nurse at her old gyne's office who calmed her down, told her cysts are common and she should not stress. It helped my daughter, but not me! It's good because I don't want her freaking out, but I am still freaked out. We will just wait and see.

I hope your daughter's ablation takes care of her problem. "After the first of the year" is a long time to wait. I'll be thinking of you.

Just wanted
    to let you know you and your daughter are in my prayers. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best of news for both of you!

Hugs,
    Debi
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    On the list
    You and your daughter are on the prayer list.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    debi.18 said:

Just wanted
    to let you know you and your daughter are in my prayers. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best of news for both of you!

Hugs,
    Debi

Sending prayers for your
    Sending prayers for your daughter and to you too!

Hugs, Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

On the list
    You and your daughter are on the prayer list.

Praying for your family.
    Praying for your family.

Hugs, Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

I have two daughters and I
    I have two daughters and I am feeling your pain. Its one thing to fight for yourself; its another to watch one of those you love the most have to fight the fight. My very best to both you and your golden child.

Chickadee

My prayers to you and your
    My prayers to you and your golden child!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Denise

Mollie, I don't know what to
    Mollie, I don't know what to say except that I will be praying for you and for your daughter. Please keep updating us on everything.

Sue :(