Need suggestions for relief of leg cramps!!

slg
slg Member Posts: 200
So now my husband is suffering from severe leg cramps and sometimes in his hands too. It is so hard to watch him in such pain. Does anyone have any suggestions for relief?

Comments

• AEI
    AEI Member Posts: 16
    stretches and massages
    Sue, my husband has been having the leg cramps for awhile now and we finally have some ideas for relief. After he got oit of the ICU two weeks ago a physical therapist came by and showed us stretches which you do on the stairs. Stand on the bottom step on the balls of your (his) feet and let your weight pull the calf muscles down ,- slowly- hold for 30 seconds and repeat 5 times. The other thing we have been doing which helps is leg massages before going to bed at night. These also have been very helpful. Hope it works for Paul.
  • slg
    slg Member Posts: 200
    AEI said:

stretches and massages
    Sue, my husband has been having the leg cramps for awhile now and we finally have some ideas for relief. After he got oit of the ICU two weeks ago a physical therapist came by and showed us stretches which you do on the stairs. Stand on the bottom step on the balls of your (his) feet and let your weight pull the calf muscles down ,- slowly- hold for 30 seconds and repeat 5 times. The other thing we have been doing which helps is leg massages before going to bed at night. These also have been very helpful. Hope it works for Paul.

Thanks
    Hi Ann,
    Thank you so much for your suggestions. It was so bad last night I can not imagine how bad it felt. He has religiously drank Tonic Water (with Quinine) and has found that a hot shower seems to help. Last night we had to call the exchange and they said to take a pain pill!!!! I hope that is not going to be the norm from now on. I am at my wits end!! This had been horrible!!! Thanks again for answering my call for help.