Options
2»

Comments

• annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Thanks Eric,
    Thanks for the summary Eric, everything Lee said was correct. He is definitely not feeling his best, but compared to yesterday, he's so very much improved!!! He was actually making sense and we were able to have normal conversations, instead of the hallucination conversations he was having yesterday. So, although his typing may be a bit muddled, he is on his way to recovery. yesterday he could not have even told you his name!

So, they continue with the transfusions, hydration, and the suctioning. We were hoping that they would have removed the ng tube by now, it's so annoying for him, but he's being a trooper, and trying not to complain too much. My heart breaks to see him all tubed up and miserable, but if he gets some healing from it, it will be worth it. They are not letting him drink anything, just ice chips for the last 3 days now, and they have not been giving him his feeds either. (last feed was 1/4 bottle on Monday night) He's feeling hungry, so thirsty and irritated that he has to wait so long for the go ahead for feeds. However, I'm sure they want to make sure the bleeding completely stops before they introduce anything into his system. And I sat there at the hospital feeling like such a bully not letting him drink the melted ice in the bottom of his cup, while I ate my lunch and drank my water...... I'm still scared, but optimistic. The bleeding coming from the tube seems to be stopping, so onwards and upwards!

Chantal

Chantal
    Thinking of you and Lee. Do so hope he will be feeling well enough to be home soon. I know it's hard but we are all willing you to stay strong. Take care.

Ann (2)
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    Daisylin said:

confusing day
    I woke up this morning to a call from Lee, saying that the doctors had come to see him. Long story short, we got some kind of scary and conflicting news.

The blood is not clotting fully, but has slowed down considerably. They are still progressing with the plasma transfusions, and we continue to hope it helps. That being said, the confusing part is this.... They removed the NG tube (thank God) and the drainage container had just a bit of yellowish fluid that looked like bile, not blood. So, I don't know why they would remove the tube if he is still bleeding. They had removed the tube about 10 minutes after I left the hospital, so I did not have the chance to question it. To me, that suggests that the bleeding is not an issue any more, but I don't know. The doctors seem a bit guarded in their opinion, the one suggesting that we set goals for days and weeks, instead of months. Lee had told him previously that he was hoping to make it until Christmas. I'm trying to see this statement as a neutral thing, as in 'enjoy every day, live life to it's fullest, and pretend each day is Christmas' as opposed to 'you only have days or weeks left'.

On the positive side, they cleared a bed for him in the palliative unit. We were very unhappy with some of the nursing staff on the oncology floor, and let the doctor know that. He put a rush on the transfer, and Lee moved into his new room this evening. We are confident that the nursing staff there will be more pleasant and attentive to Lee, instead of making him feel like he's a nuisance. So, we wait and see.

The doctor said an option if the bleeding does not stop would be to do a few rounds of radiation, to see if it would zap the cuts closed, so all's not lost yet. I still hold out hope that we can have some relief, and be able to get him home to me and Daisy.

Sorry this post may seem a bit jumbled, my brain's on overload, exhaustion has set in, and I've been a grumpy bear all day.
    Chantal

Hoping for progress
    Chantal,
    ALWAYS darkest before the dawn. It's almost dawn. Let us know whats going on today when you have the strength.
    I am so worried about YOU, and of course Lee.

I am fighting a HORRIBLE toothache. Makes everything else seems so much worse. Petty compared to your need for infornation and situation as of today.

I await news, and I love you both so much.
    Let us know that they STOP that bleeding and WHEN he will get to come HOME!!!!!
    Eric