Has anyone heard of this doctor?

gerryo
gerryo Member Posts: 50
Has anyone heard anything about Stanislaw Burzynski, MD, PhD? He has a clinic in Texas. A friend sent me his name, but don't know anything about this doctor. I would appreciate any insight you may have. Thanks, Gerry

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Witch Doctor?
    Stanislaw Burzynski is many things to many people. This also likely to start a debate as the topic of conventional treatments verses unconventional treatments has in the past.
    My advice, Google him and see what you find. He's been called everything from a great doctor to a quack.
    -phil
  • gerryo
    gerryo Member Posts: 50
    PhillieG said:

Witch Doctor?
    Stanislaw Burzynski is many things to many people. This also likely to start a debate as the topic of conventional treatments verses unconventional treatments has in the past.
    My advice, Google him and see what you find. He's been called everything from a great doctor to a quack.
    -phil

Do you know of anyone who
    Do you know of anyone who has gone to him?
  • PhillieG
    gerryo said:

Do you know of anyone who
    Do you know of anyone who has gone to him?

No
    I don't know of anyone on here who actually went to him either. He has his defenders on here but I do not believe they were his patients. I could be wrong, maybe they will chime in
  • laurettas
    laurettas Member Posts: 372
    Us too
    We were given his name as well from a family member. I looked at his website and read various opinions. I always look for success stories and statistics when checking our these types of things. Did not find anything to make me feel confident in his treatment, much as I wanted to when I first read about him.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    laurettas said:

Us too
    We were given his name as well from a family member. I looked at his website and read various opinions. I always look for success stories and statistics when checking our these types of things. Did not find anything to make me feel confident in his treatment, much as I wanted to when I first read about him.

Did you see him on netflex?
    Wow. I'm watching his show on netflex right now. My husband asked me to give him a call.

Interesting!!

You can try netflex free for 30 days if you want to see it. You can see it on your computer or TV if you have a Internet ready DVD player it Wii.

http://www.google.com/search?q=youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=Burzynski+site:youtube.com&sa=X&ei=8BWqTuinCKLjiAKMm_WMCw&ved=0CE0Q2wE&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a3036fe7678ec587&biw=768&bih=900

I'm on iPad not sure about that link, but go to YouTube and look him up.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Nana b said:

Did you see him on netflex?
    Wow. I'm watching his show on netflex right now. My husband asked me to give him a call.

Interesting!!

You can try netflex free for 30 days if you want to see it. You can see it on your computer or TV if you have a Internet ready DVD player it Wii.

http://www.google.com/search?q=youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=Burzynski+site:youtube.com&sa=X&ei=8BWqTuinCKLjiAKMm_WMCw&ved=0CE0Q2wE&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a3036fe7678ec587&biw=768&bih=900

I'm on iPad not sure about that link, but go to YouTube and look him up.

I fell asleep watching the
    I fell asleep watching the end....I was so tired. Woke up at 5 am, 10 hours later.

But I am interested in this doctor. What he went through to get heard by the FDA. I hope he didn't land in jail!

I will watch the end later.
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    I have read all about him!
    He makes a lot of sense and has actually cured people of brain cancer when they were given no hope. He has treated people with colonrectal cancer, but I do not know his success rates. He has fought long and hard to be able to treat cancer patients and is finally being recognized. Last I heard they are using his treatment in some trials at Memorial Sloan Kettering and somewhere else. Take a look at his website and clinic on the internet.
    I'd like to find out more.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • PhillieG

I have read all about him!
    He makes a lot of sense and has actually cured people of brain cancer when they were given no hope. He has treated people with colonrectal cancer, but I do not know his success rates. He has fought long and hard to be able to treat cancer patients and is finally being recognized. Last I heard they are using his treatment in some trials at Memorial Sloan Kettering and somewhere else. Take a look at his website and clinic on the internet.
    I'd like to find out more.

Hugs,
    Sara

The Doctor and Sloan Kettering
    "Antineoplastons refer to mixtures of peptides, amino acids, and other organic substances that were first isolated from human urine and blood by Stanislaw Burzynski. He claims to have used antineoplastons to treat a variety of cancers based on the belief that they promote the body's natural defenses against cancer. In 1993, the National Cancer Institute sponsored clinical trials to investigate the antitumor potential of antineoplastons in patients with brain tumors (4). The trials were closed two years later as poor patient accrual precluded conclusions about the efficacy of the treatment. A Mayo clinic study found no benefit (1). Presently, clinical trials using antineoplastons as an investigational drug for various cancers are underway at the Burzynski Research Institute in Houston, Texas (5). Adverse reactions observed include confusion, sleepiness, and exacerbation of underlying seizures, headache, vomiting, and fatigue."

From MSKCC.org
    Visit for more info on Sloan and the trials.

Some of the theory behind this makes some sense to me and if you watch the movie about him, you come away thinking he's really on to something. BUT, if all of this is true, why hasn't there been one single person from the forums who has received his treatments and talked about it? I just find that very hard to believe. I can understand why the drug companies would want to keep it quiet but if our peers tried it and I did indeed work, why are there no success stories here?

Please don't bring up a "Grassy Knoll" theory....
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    It is ver ironic that you
    It is ver ironic that you asked about him. I saew the documentary on him last week and saw the documentary on him on the documentary chanel. It is amazing how much control the FDA and pharacutical companies. I was glad to see him multiple times in court. I too heart that he treats advanced stage dcolon cancer. I would love to hear from someone who was treated by him. Right now it is not an option for me since I am operable. I would only consider taking a chance on him if I have a recurrennce that is unoperable. At least that way I could monitor the sucess or lack of sucsess of his treatments through scans. I understand that the treatments cost are in the six figures and as usual most insurance companiew won't cover it.