mamogram showed something, but ultra sound didn't

Options
linny b
linny b Member Posts: 25
Hi everyone, I had a mamogram yesterday that required additional pictures, then I was sent for an ultra sound that didn't show as much, now I'm scheduled for a MRI, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    didn't show
    mine didn't show on the mammogram or ultrasound. It was the MRI that the doc got a good look.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

didn't show
    mine didn't show on the mammogram or ultrasound. It was the MRI that the doc got a good look.

Mine showed
    Mine showed on the mammo and then on the ultrasound.Thank Goodness.I don't like all the testing.Nerve wracking. I had a mammo 6 months prior and 2 check-ups from my doctors and they didnt feel anything.It was small and Thankfully benign.

Hope it doesn't show anything but makes you wonder if mammo showed something.It would always be that worry. Is there something or NOT????

Lynn Smith
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Mine showed
    Mine showed on the mammo and then on the ultrasound.Thank Goodness.I don't like all the testing.Nerve wracking. I had a mammo 6 months prior and 2 check-ups from my doctors and they didnt feel anything.It was small and Thankfully benign.

Hope it doesn't show anything but makes you wonder if mammo showed something.It would always be that worry. Is there something or NOT????

Lynn Smith

My mammo showed something
    My mammo showed something suspicious, so, I had an ultrasound and a MRI.

Wishing you good luck and praying it won't be bc. Post an update for us.

Hugs,

Noel
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    Mine showed up on

Mine showed up on both. My mom's though, showed up on her mammogram but they didn't have any luck with the ultrasound. Good luck to you.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • linny b
    Options

Mine showed up on

Mine showed up on both. My mom's though, showed up on her mammogram but they didn't have any luck with the ultrasound. Good luck to you.
    *hugs*
    Heather

MRI
    Thanks for all your support, I'v had DCIS twice then a mastectomy, so all I can think of is breast cancer again. This is a wonderful site, I'm so glad I found it. You guys are a great support system and so knowledgeable. Still waiting for the MRI date. Linny
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    linny b said:

MRI
    Thanks for all your support, I'v had DCIS twice then a mastectomy, so all I can think of is breast cancer again. This is a wonderful site, I'm so glad I found it. You guys are a great support system and so knowledgeable. Still waiting for the MRI date. Linny

Good luck when you have your
    Good luck when you have your MRI Linny. Let us know when you get it scheduled so we can all support you and send good wishes!

Hugs, Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Good luck when you have your
    Good luck when you have your MRI Linny. Let us know when you get it scheduled so we can all support you and send good wishes!

Hugs, Jan

Mine showed up on both also.
    Mine showed up on both also. When is your MRI?

Lex
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Mine showed up on both also.
    Mine showed up on both also. When is your MRI?

Lex

Let us know Linny when your
    Let us know Linny when your MRI is scheduled. We will all be praying that it shows nothing!

Hugs, Diane
  • cindymramirez
    cindymramirez Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Sound like my moms issue too
    She had a shadow show up up on the ultra sound but on the mamogram everything was clear sometimes the pictures can give false alarms but i kbow its still a scary thought i think you should be ok tho i hope the best for you just make sure you keep checkin up on it. :)
  • cindymramirez
    Options
    She had a shadow show up up on the ultra sound but on the mamogram everything was clear sometimes the pictures can give false alarms but i kbow its still a scary thought i think you should be ok tho i hope the best for you just make sure you keep checkin up on it. :)
  • cindymramirez
    Options
  • linny b
    Options

mri
    Thanks for all your support,the MRI is scheduled for tomorrow, I'll keep you posted. Linny
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    linny b said:

mri
    Thanks for all your support,the MRI is scheduled for tomorrow, I'll keep you posted. Linny

How did the MRI go? Do you
    How did the MRI go? Do you have your results yet? Praying for good news.