Scar tissue

Options
midnight10
midnight10 Member Posts: 74
I'm not a frequent 'poster' but keep tabs on what is going on the discussion board and have never seen any discussion on this.
Has anyone had scar tissue develop following exchange surgery? I had bilateral masectomy 12/10 with temporary implants p\inserted at that time, radiation and 6 months after radiation the exchange surgery. Now, not quite 6wks after the surgery I have developed scar tissue around the implant on the radiated side. It is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Forgot to mention I also had an infection after surgery on that side. At my last check up the ps said that she may want to go back in and remove the scar tissue. Won't it just grow back again? If anyone has had a similar experience, I'm also concerned about recovery time...no sick time and little vacation time left at work.
Will removing the scar tissue help make the radiated side look a little more like the non-radiated side? I'm massaging as instructed.
On the very positive side I'm nearly a year past chemo and have been told that my port can come out after we're sure there will not be any recurring infection or surgery needed. YEAH!
One of the antibiotics I was on for the infection had a negative effect on the neuropathy in my feet from the chemo, but that is supposed to get better again before too long.
Thanks for any info,
Cindy

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy! I am sorry that
    Hi Cindy! I am sorry that this happened and wish I could help. I had a lumpectomy, so, I don't know anything about exchange surgery or scar tissue that might come with it.

I am sure that the pink sisters on here that have had the surgery will reply some information for you.

Wishing you good luck and hoping that your surgeon can help you.

Hugs, Jan
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

Hi Cindy! I am sorry that
    Hi Cindy! I am sorry that this happened and wish I could help. I had a lumpectomy, so, I don't know anything about exchange surgery or scar tissue that might come with it.

I am sure that the pink sisters on here that have had the surgery will reply some information for you.

Wishing you good luck and hoping that your surgeon can help you.

Hugs, Jan

HI Cindy,
    NO help from me

HI Cindy,

NO help from me either but you sure have gotten my attention. My exchange surgery is next week and I worry about my radiated side as well. Your journey is similar to mine, but my PS is only waiting 4 months post radiation for my procedure. I worry about scar tissue around the implant too. I pray things turn out good for you my dear.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Hi Cindy
    I had 4 surgeries for the pesky little implants, but no talk about removing scar tissue. My implants either moved (one time found in my arm pit towards my back), or the right side was so concave that they were different sizes, like an a and c. But I wish you the best and hope that removing the scar tissue will help with the pain.

Carol
  • midnight10
    midnight10 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Not moving
    I guess having a very tight implant is better than having one that roams :-)
    Thanks for the comments...
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Not moving
    I guess having a very tight implant is better than having one that roams :-)
    Thanks for the comments...

Hoping that if you decide to
    Hoping that if you decide to have the scar tissue removed that it is successful for you.

Hugs, Megan
  • DebJune06
    DebJune06 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    camul said:

Hi Cindy
    I had 4 surgeries for the pesky little implants, but no talk about removing scar tissue. My implants either moved (one time found in my arm pit towards my back), or the right side was so concave that they were different sizes, like an a and c. But I wish you the best and hope that removing the scar tissue will help with the pain.

Carol

Implants
    I'm not too happy with my implants at this point. Yes, they are better than nothing, but not even close to the same size!! I had hoped for a better result. :/